Laura McAllister Cox focuses her practice on gaming-related corporate, regulatory, licensing and product compliance matters, as well as other legal issues. Laura represents casino operators, gaming manufacturers and distributors, and casino employees in wide variety of regulatory, licensing and litigation matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Laura was the Executive Vice President and General Counsel for Gaming Partners International Corporation (GPIC), a publicly traded company and its multinational subsidiaries that manufactures and distributes casino table game supplies worldwide. There, she was responsible for interaction with government regulatory bodies around the world on behalf of the company and its principals. Laura was also responsible for all general counsel duties, gaming regulatory compliance, supervision of litigation matters and management of outside counsel.
Prior to her time at GPIC, Laura was partner at a full service law firm in Atlantic City, NJ, serving as a member of the firm's casino law department representing casino operators, gaming manufacturers and distributors, and casino employees in all aspects of regulatory, licensing and litigation matters. She drafted the proposed New Jersey regulations for many new casino games and also developed and implemented a multi-jurisdictional licensing program offered to clients to provide a single source of legal and compliance representation throughout gaming jurisdictions worldwide. She further assisted in the firm's representation of the Government of the U.S. Virgin Islands and testified before the Legislative Committee on Economic Development, Agriculture and Consumer Protection, addressing issues concerning proposed amendments to the Virgin Islands Casino and Resort Control Act of 1995.
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Casino Law Section, 2008-Present
- Board Member, Board of Trustees, 2005-2010
- Chair, 2008-2009
· Member, International Association of Gaming Advisors, 1999-Present
- General Counsel, 2013-Present
- Board Member, Board of Trustees, 2004-2013
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, "Great Women of Gaming," Casino Enterprise Management magazine, 2005
· Gaming Partners International Corporation, Las Vegas, NV, 2003-2013
- Executive Vice President and General Counsel, 2009-2013
- Chief Legal and Gaming Compliance Officer, 2003-2009
· Director, Gaming Partners International Asia Limited, Macau S.A.R., China, 2011-2013
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
Laura has spoken at numerous seminars, including the International Casino Law Conference, Global Gaming Expo, World Gaming Congress and Expo, and International Gaming Business Expo.
· Author, "Gaming Advisors: Navigating the Global Course," Casino Enterprise Management, May 2012
· Co-Author, "Slots: UK Adventure, U.S. Experience," International Gaming & Wagering Business, January 2004
· Author, "Gaming Compliance in a Multi-Jurisdictional World," Gaming Products & Services, September/October 2003
· Author, "Dual-ing Process in California," International Gaming & Wagering Business, October 2000