Laura McAllister Cox focuses her practice on gaming-related corporate, regulatory, licensing and product compliance matters, as well as other legal issues related to land based gaming, internet gaming, horse racing and the manufacturing and distribution of gaming equipment. Laura represents casino operators, gaming manufacturers and distributors, investors, racetrack operators, and casino employees in a wide variety of matters in U.S. and international jurisdictions.
Prior to joining the firm, Laura was the Executive Vice President and General Counsel for Gaming Partners International Corporation (GPIC), a publicly traded company and its multinational subsidiaries that manufactures and distributes casino table game supplies worldwide. There, she was responsible for interaction with government regulatory bodies around the world on behalf of the company and its principals. Laura was also responsible for all general counsel duties, gaming regulatory compliance, supervision of litigation matters and management of outside counsel.
Prior to her time at GPIC, Laura was partner at a full service law firm in Atlantic City, NJ, serving as a member of the firm's casino law department representing casino operators, gaming manufacturers and distributors, and casino employees in all aspects of regulatory, licensing and litigation matters. She drafted the proposed New Jersey regulations for many new casino games and also developed and implemented a multi-jurisdictional licensing program offered to clients to provide a single source of legal and compliance representation throughout gaming jurisdictions worldwide. She further assisted in the firm's representation of the Government of the U.S. Virgin Islands and testified before the Legislative Committee on Economic Development, Agriculture and Consumer Protection, addressing issues concerning proposed amendments to the Virgin Islands Casino and Resort Control Act of 1995.
Awards & Recognition
• Listed, Great Women of Gaming, Casino Enterprise Management magazine, 2005
• Gaming Partners International Corporation, Las Vegas, NV, 2003-2013
• Executive Vice President and General Counsel, 2009-2013
• Chief Legal and Gaming Compliance Officer, 2003-2009
• Director, Gaming Partners International Asia Limited, Macau S.A.R., China, 2011-2013
Associated News & Events
03.24.15 Greenberg Traurig Partners with Drexel University for ' Taste of Law'
02.24.15 Laura McAllister Cox Named Top Lateral Hire of 2014 Runner Up
02.03.15 Four Greenberg Traurig Attorneys to Speak at ICE Totally Gaming 2015
01.15.15 Greenberg Traurig's Laura McAllister Cox and Tara K. Gorman Join Drexel University Advisory Board
01.05.15 A Year in Review: Greenberg Traurig Philadelphia
11.14.14 Greenberg Traurig Philadelphia Receives Five First-Tier Rankings in U.S. News - Best Lawyers 2015 ' Best Law Firms'
09.08.14 Greenberg Traurig Sponsoring International Gaming Summit in Philadelphia
08.25.14 Mark Clayton Joins Greenberg Traurig's Global Gaming Practice
05.06.14 Greenberg Traurig Attorneys to Speak at Inaugural Japan Gaming Congress
01.02.14 Greenberg Traurig's Global Gaming Group Adds Former GPI GC Laura McAllister Cox in Philadelphia
07.30.15 Betting On NY Gaming Commission's Casino Vendor Rules
07.13.15 New York State Gaming Commission Proposes Rules on Gaming Facility Licensing
07.13.15 New York State Gaming Commission Proposes Rules on Casino Vendor Licensing and Registration
07.22.14 Update to Massachusetts Gaming Commission's Gaming Vendor Licensing Process
06.24.14 Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court Allows Ballot Question on Gaming Repeal to Proceed
02.03.14 Massachusetts Gaming Commission Issues Final Regulations on Gaming Vendor Licensing and Registration
Articles, Publications, & Lectures
Laura has spoken at numerous seminars, including the International Casino Law Conference, Global Gaming Expo, World Gaming Congress and Expo, and International Gaming Business Expo.
• Co-Author, Tips for Massachusetts Gaming Vendor Applicants, Law360, August 19, 2014
• Co-Author, Update to Massachusetts Gaming Commission's Gaming Vendor Licensing Process, GT Alert, July 22, 2014
• Co-Author, Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court Allows Ballot Question on Gaming Repeal to Proceed, GT Alert, June 24, 2014
• Co-Author, Massachusetts Gaming Commission Issues Final Regulations on Gaming Vendor Licensing and Registration, GT Alert, February 3, 2014
• Author, Gaming Advisors: Navigating the Global Course, Casino Enterprise Management, May 2012
• Co-Author, Slots: UK Adventure, U.S. Experience, International Gaming & Wagering Business, January 2004
• Author, Gaming Compliance in a Multi-Jurisdictional World, Gaming Products & Services, September/October 2003
• Author, Dual-ing Process in California, International Gaming & Wagering Business, October 2000