Laura Gangemi Vignola concentrates her practice in various areas of real property law. She represents some of the largest developers in the Southeast in connection with the acquisition, development, construction, financing and sale of multifamily residential, condominium, hotel, office, retail and industrial properties. Laura's practice includes the representation of developers, property managers and leasing agents in the negotiation of management agreements, leasing agreements, general contractors' agreements, architects' agreements and engineers' agreements. She represents institutional lenders, Fortune 100 companies and borrowers in connection with secured financings. Such financings include acquisition, refinance, development, construction, revolving and permanent loans, letter of credit facilities, participations, modifications and workouts covering fee and leasehold interests in industrial, commercial, hotel, multifamily residential and condominium projects. Laura has wide-ranging experience in commercial leasing, and represents both landlords and tenants on leases covering office buildings, shopping centers and industrial space. She represents sellers and purchasers in connection with all types of real property. Although her practice focuses primarily in commercial real estate, it extends to other areas such as acquisitions and divestitures of businesses and pools of mortgage loans, stock, partnership and other asset sales, asset-based financing and negotiation of business entity documents.
Areas of Concentration
· Complex commercial real estate transactions
· Real estate financing
· Commercial leasing
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, Dade County Bar Association
· Member, The Florida Bar
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2008-2014
· Team Member, The Legal 500 United States, "Top Tier" Firm in Real Estate, 2013
· Member, Winning Team, Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate, 2010 and 2013
· Team Member, a Law360 "Real Estate Practice Group of the Year," 2011 and 2012
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Represented major national bank in connection with leasehold mortgage financings on marina facilities and related uplands properties in Miami Beach and Coconut Grove.
· Represented major national bank in connection with leasehold mortgage financing for the development of an airport, including construction of retail facilities.
· Represented major national bank in connection with leasehold mortgage financing for the development and construction of a senior living facility and public parking garage, a component of which included CDD financing.
· Represented major national bank in connection with asset-based and mortgage financings to an international grocery distributor.
· Represented one of the largest national banks as lead counsel on a term loan facility secured by mortgages on shopping center properties in multiple states.
· Represented private university in connection with a development agreement and ground lease for a life science office park.
· Represented private university in connection with construction contracts for housing.
· Represented major developer in connection with acquisition, development, construction and financing of significant condominium and mixed use developments in the Brickell, Miami Beach and Hallandale Beach areas.
· Represented South Florida developer in connection with acquisition, development, construction and financing of significant condominium developments in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties.
· Represented Japanese conglomerate in due diligence and bidding on a major hotel and club project in Boca Raton, Florida.
· Represented mortgage banker in connection with the acquisition immediately after origination of loans on condominium units acquired by the purchasers thereof through securities offerings in the provinces of Alberta and British Columbia, Canada.
· Represented purchaser in connection with the acquisition and financing of the Florida Power & Light headquarters.
· Represented private club in connection with negotiations with multiple bidders for the sale of approximately six acres of oceanfront property located in Bal Harbour, Florida.
· Represented international airport developer and retailer in connection with the negotiations with Miami-Dade County for a master developer/lease agreement for certain retail areas of Miami International Airport.