Lauren Lonergan Taylor practices in the areas of commercial finance, secured transactions, business reorganization, financial restructuring, creditors' rights and bankruptcy law. She represents numerous commercial banks, insurance companies, non-institutional lenders and borrowers in secured lending, asset-based lending, leasing and credit enhancement transactions and other types of commercial transactions. She has assisted both creditors and borrowers in complex workout, restructuring and insolvency matters, including in connection with the enforcement of remedies through commercial litigation in federal and state court. Ms. Taylor has significant experience with the resolution of troubled loans through forbearances, extensions and loan sales, including with respect to securitized commercial mortgage loans, commercial mortgage-backed securities and conventional real property loans. Her diverse practice also includes the representation of court-appointed receivers in connection with lender mortgage foreclosure actions. In addition, Ms. Taylor has represented chapter 11 trustees, creditors' committees, liquidating trustees and secured and unsecured creditors in all facets of bankruptcy.
Ms. Taylor serves as a member of the Duane Morris Recruitment and Retention Committee and as the Philadelphia Office Programming Co-Chair for the firm's Women's Initiative.
Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, she is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, the Turnaround Management Association, the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association and the Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference.
Ms. Taylor is a 1995 cum laude graduate of the Villanova University School of Law, where she was an associate editor of the Villanova Law Review and received the Law Review Distinguished Service Award. She is a magna cum laude graduate of the University of Delaware, where she was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
· Counsel to senior secured insurance company creditor in In re Hostess Brands, Inc.
· Counsel to debtor in DIP financing and exit financing transactions aggregating $170 million of debt in In re Sleep Innovations, Inc., a manufacturer and distributor of specialty sleep products and recipient of the 2010 Turnaround of the Year Award in the Large Company category from the Turnaround Management Association.
· Counsel to surety company and to insurers in In re Nortel Networks, Inc.
· Counsel to court-appointed receiver in foreclosure action involving 460,000-square foot, twelve-building industrial complex.
· Counsel to mortgagees and assignees of leases for multiple properties in In re Circuit City Stores, Inc.
· Counsel to lender in workout and restructuring of $120 million loan facility with prominent private home builder secured by real estate across the country.
· Counsel to lender in mass foreclosure litigation and loan sale involving $100 million in indebtedness cross-collateralized by commercial properties spanning multiple jurisdictions.
· Counsel to financial institutions in In re Adelphia Communications Corp.
· Counsel to major financial institution in providing review of and recommendations for account control agreements handled by its asset management portfolio team.
· Counsel to public company borrower, a producer and marketer of electrical power storage and conversion products, in $200 million syndicated loan facility.
· Counsel to insurer and letter of credit beneficiary in In re Affiliated Foods Southwest, Inc.
· Counsel to unsecured creditor in $4 million preference action in In re Universal Marketing, Inc.
· Counsel to surety company in In re Federal Mogul, Inc.
· Counsel to liquidating trustee in In re Trico Steel Company, LLC.
Areas of Practice
· Bankruptcy and Insolvency Law
· Commercial Reorganization
· Out of Court Workouts/Debt Restructuring
· Creditors' Rights
· Corporate and Commercial Finance
· Uniform Commercial Code/Secured Transactions
· Surety and Other Bonding Claims
· Real Estate
· Duane Morris LLP
- Partner, 2004-present
- Associate, 1995-2003
· American Bar Association
- Business Law Section
· Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference
· American Bankruptcy Institute
· Turnaround Management Association
· National Association of Professional Women
Honors and Awards
· Named 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy by American Lawyer Media
· AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
· Named a 2005 Pennsylvania SuperLawyer for Bankruptcy and Workout by Philadelphia magazine
Civic and Charitable Activities
· Advisory Board, Villanova Law School Alumni Association
· Honoree, National Multiple Sclerosis Society Leadership Class of '99
· Planning Committee, MS Walk - Ridley Creek State Park site
Selected Speaking Engagements
· Speaker, "Fraud On the Front Line - - Current Topics Affecting Lenders and Their Professionals," seminar presented for the Commercial Finance Group and Law Department of GE Capital Corp., December 18, 2003
· "Bankruptcy: Issues and Opportunities," 15th Annual International Professional Liability Underwriters Society Conference, Orlando, Florida, November 12, 2002
· Speaker, 1999 Honorable William H. Gindin Bankruptcy Bench Bar Conference
· "Drafting Plans of Reorganization and Disclosure Statements," PBI Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, June 19, 2002.
· "Fair Credit Reporting Act-Fair Debt Collections Act," Honorable William H. Gindin Bankruptcy Bench-Bar Conference, East Brunswick, New Jersey, April 30, 1999
· "Third Circuit Review" panel, Fifteenth Annual Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference, Princeton, New Jersey, January 31, 2004