Lauri S. Thompson focuses her practice on intellectual property, including working with gaming resort companies to protect and enhance their key brands and corporate images through strategic management of their worldwide trademark and copyright portfolios. She works to help increase the visibility and value of their names and images, through trademark, copyright, and domain name registration, and Internet monitoring and enforcement. Additionally, she works with interior design groups for hotels and casino resorts on third-party vendor agreements, purchase orders, and strategies to control intellectual property rights.
The entertainment aspect of her practice includes handling issues related to live show production and audio visual works. She counsels clients in all aspects of their advertising and entertainment contracts. She helps license music and other content, as well as develops procedures for ownership of original content. She oversees the clearance, procurement and enforcement of intellectual property rights throughout the world, including the protection and use of intellectual property on and off the Internet.
Lauri counsels clients to avoid disputes by helping them review materials for copyright, trademark and publicity rights issues. She works with various production companies, recording studios, advertising agencies, media companies and interior design groups, advising them in the clearance of materials for use in interior design, film, television, advertising and Internet marketing. She is experienced settling disputes over IP and entertainment issues in an effort to avoid costly litigation and uncertain outcomes, when possible.
Areas of Concentration
• Rights of publicity
Awards & Recognition
• Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Mountain States Super Lawyers, 2014-2015
• Listed, Who's Who Legal, Trademarks, 2014
• Team Member, a U.S. News - Best Lawyers, Law Firm of the Year in Entertainment Law - Music, 2011-2012
• Recognized, World Trademark Review, World Leading Trademark Individual for Contentious Work, 2011
• Recipient, Trademark Insider, Trademark Filer, 2004, 2006, and 2007
• Rated, AV Preeminent 4.6 out of 5
AV, BV, AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.
Associated News & Events
06.15.15 19 Greenberg Traurig Nevada Attorneys Listed in 2015 Mountain States Super Lawyers
05.18.15 Greenberg Traurig's Lauri Thompson to be Honored at the Las Vegas Business Press 2015 Women Who Mean Business Event
11.29.12 Greenberg Traurig's Lauri Thompson to Speak at National Business Institute Music Law Seminar in Las Vegas
05.04.11 Seven Greenberg Traurig Attorneys Named to World Trademark Review's WTR 1000
10.30.08 College Opportunity and Affordability Act of 2008 Places Burden on Institutions of Higher Learning to Educate Students about Copyright Infringement
02.01.06 Cybersquatting on the Rise Again
11.01.05 LAST CHANCE: EU Domain Name Registration! Make sure you are first in line.
Articles, Publications, & Lectures
• Author, Music in Cyberspace, Nevada Lawyer, 2002
• Speaker, Music Law 101: Music Publishing, National Business Institute, December 11, 2012
• Speaker, Stars on the Strip, Career and Practice Development Committee, ABA Section of Business Law, March 23, 2012
• Speaker, Rights of Publicity, Practicing Law Institute, San Francisco, CA, February 24, 2012