Laurie's wide-ranging experience in real estate includes representing home builders in land acquisition and project development; office building owners in leasing and building operations; developers and lenders in loans and loan restructuring; analysis of default situations and entitlement reviews of residential, golf course, commercial, office and warehouse properties. She has extensive experience in the representation of land bankers. Laurie also has the unique distinction of being a registered baseball agent.
Areas of Concentration
· Land acquisition and financing
· Land banking
· Construction and permanent loans
· Loan restructuring
· Development project work-outs
· Sales and purchases of commercial properties
· Sales and purchases of luxury residences
· Residential golf course community development
· Utility sales and acquisitions
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, Board of Directors, Palm Beach County Literacy Coalition, 2000-present (Chair 2004-2006; Board Member of the Year 2008)
· Member, Board of Directors, Palm Beach County Cultural Council, 1999-2003 (Chair 2002-2003)
· Member, Board of Trustees, Florida Stage, 1987-2005 (Chair 1993-2001)
· Member, Board of Directors, Suncoast High School Foundation, 2006-2012 (President 2010-2011)
· Founding Board Member, Commercial Real Estate Women of Treasure Coast
· Active member, Executive Women of the Palm Beaches
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2009-2014
- Selected, The Best Lawyers - West Palm Beach Real Estate Lawyer of the Year, 2012
· Team Member, The Legal 500 United States, "Top Tier" Firm in Real Estate, 2013
· Member, Winning Team, Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate, 2010 and 2013
· Recipient, "Women of Grace" award, Bethesda Hospital Foundation, 2012
· Team Member, a Law360 "Real Estate Practice Group of the Year," 2011-2012
· Listed, South Florida Legal Guide "Top Lawyer - Real Estate," 2009
· Listed, Florida Real Estate Journal "Top Women in Florida Commercial Real Estate," 2004
· Listed, "Woman of Distinction," March of Dimes, 2000
· Recipient, Legal Aid Pro Bono Award, 2000
· Listed, South Florida Business Journal "Up & Comers," 1995
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Homebuilders in land acquisition, development, and restructuring issues.
· Office building owners in complex leasing.
· Land bankers in acquisition/option transactions and workouts.
· Sellers and purchasers of office buildings.
· Lenders in construction and permanent loans on projects as varied as country clubs, office buildings, shopping centers and warehouses.
· Seller of office park to a New York-based REIT.
· Nursing home operator in acquisitions and sales of facilities.
· Developers of residential communities.
· Investors in shopping center projects nationwide.
· Title insurers on resolution of title disputes.
· Land banking for homebuilders
· Former Major League Baseball player agent
(Also at Boca Raton Office)