Lawrence Eppley is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Chicago office, where he is also the Office Managing Partner. He concentrates his practice in acquisition, real estate finance, development, public and private finance, joint ventures and raising equity. He was general counsel to one of Chicago's fastest growing companies, and his clients rely on him as their principal outside legal counsel. He has considerable experience with middle market and emerging growth companies, including those in the hospitality and restaurant sectors, and with structured and institutional finance.
· Represented major financial service institutions in connection with real estate financings.
· Represented a fast-growing locally based restaurant company throughout its various growth stages.
· Represented the leading U.S. investment banks as underwriter's counsel in major public finance transactions.
· Represented a number of privately held hotel developers in connection with the acquisition, development and financing of hotel projects throughout the United States.
· Served as General Counsel of Potbelly Sandwich Works.
· Designated a 'Distinguished Graduate of the College of Law' by the University of Illinois School of Law, 2002
· Best Lawyer in America, Best Lawyers, 2013, 2014
· Board of Directors, Metropolitan Capital Bank
· Member, Governing Board of Trustees, University of Illinois, 2001-2009
· Chairman, University of Illinois, 2003-2008
· Founding Board Member, IllinoisVENTURES LLC, 2003-2009
· Alumni Association Board, University of Illinois College of Law
· Board of Directors, Chicagoland Entrepreneurial Center
Mr. Eppley has written articles on subjects of commercial real estate for the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education and has lectured for CLE International, Inc.
· Mr. Eppley has served as a faculty member and lectured for the National Association of Bond Lawyers. He has also been a speaker and panelist at various National Association of Bond Lawyers seminars and conferences, and served as a panelist at real estate industry seminars. Mr. Eppley was also the keynote speaker at Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management's Business Law Conference in February 2012.