- Creditor's Rights
- Financial Fraud
- In-House Counsel Program
- Real Estate
- Administrative Law
|University ||Indiana University, B.A., 1977|
|Law School||Indiana University, J.D., cum laude, 1980|
|Admitted||1980, Arizona; U.S. District Court, District of Arizona|
Winning recovery for investors. Larry and his team represented the court-appointed receiver in the large American National Mortgage case. He converted an Arizona Corporation Commission State Court Receivership into a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy proceeding, integrated the cases using differing jurisdictions, and obtained a confirmed Chapter 11 plan with recovery to the investors.
Helping Ponzi-scheme victims recover millions. Larry was co-counsel in a multi-million-dollar lawsuit against professionals involved in the Baptist Foundation's Ponzi scheme. His work resulted in recovery in excess of $230 million for those who had been victims of this financial debacle.
Get To Know Larry In His Own Words
"I create a relationship of trust and confidence. Clients know I'm there for them and that I have a genuine interest not only in their case but also in them."
"The practice of law is like a chess game. I enjoy analyzing a problem and then attempting to form a solution by anticipating the opposing party's strategy and responding accordingly-but always with reaching our client's goals in mind."
- Represents secured and unsecured creditors and trustees in bankruptcy; creditors in state court proceedings, including foreclosure proceedings and state court receiverships; and debtors in complex Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- As president and registered lobbyist for the Arizona Trustee's Association from 1988-1990, Larry sought legislative reform in the foreclosure industry.
- As counsel for the borrower in Northern Arizona Properties vs. Pinetop Properties Group, he helped formulate the law which defines deficiency rights after foreclosure.
- Conducted hundreds of foreclosures, both judicial and non-judicial, and numerous forfeiture proceedings.
- Sought and obtained appointment of third-party receivers to take possession and control of the property on behalf of his lending clients.
- Clients include banks, insurance companies, leasing companies, and private individuals secured by real property, commercial equipment, vehicles, accounts receivable, and intangible property.
- Involved in numerous bankruptcies in aggressive pursuit of his clients' collateral and recovery of any unsecured portion of debt.
- Experienced in negotiating workouts to help clients avoid the hardship and expense of bankruptcy.
- Knowledgeable in title insurance and real estate issues.
- Played pivotal role in winning compensation in several of the largest land-fraud cases in Arizona, recovering millions of dollars for investors.
Larry Wilk was named a 2012 Southwest Super Lawyer - Arizona!
Larry Wilk is rated AV Preeminent from Martindale-Hubbell
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#1,006 in weekly profile views out of 8,211 lawyers in Phoenix, Arizona|
|#149,597 in weekly profile views out of 1,515,714 total lawyers Overall|