- Energy and Natural Resources Law
|Contact Info||Telephone: (504) 556-4125|
Fax: (504) 556-4108
|University ||Duke University, B.A., Political Science with distinction, English, magna cum laude, 1996 Hart Leadership Program Refugee Action Project, Croatia, Summer 1996|
|Law School||University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 1999 Associate Editor and Symposium Coordinator, University of Pennsylvania Journal of Constitutional Law|
|Admitted||2000, New York; 2001, District of Columbia; 2011, Louisiana|
Lesley Foxhall Pietras practices in the areas of environmental and natural resources law. A former staff attorney for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, Ms. Pietras has experience handling federal civil, criminal, and administrative cases. She also has prior experience in environmental law, including civil litigation, compliance counseling, and regulatory advocacy. In particular, her experience includes matters related to the Clean Air Act (CAA) and New Source Review (NSR) liabilities, the Clean Water Act (CWA), and Superfund.
Ms. Pietras is a 1999 graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Law School, where she received her Juris Doctorate and served as Associate Editor and Symposium Coordinator of the University of Pennsylvania Journal of Constitutional Law. She was also a member of the National Moot Court Team and was a University of Pennsylvania Law School Moot Court semi-finalist. Ms. Pietras received her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with distinction, and in English, magna cum laude, from Duke University in 1996.
Honors & Affiliations:
· District of Columbia Bar
· Louisiana State Bar Association
· New York State Bar Association
· "Update on EPA's Cross-State Air Pollution Rule," Liskow & Lewis E-Newsletter, December 2011
· "GAO Issues Report on Adequacy of Environmental Disclosure in SEC Filings at a Symposium Sponsored by Senators Corzine, Lieberman and McCain," with Thomas M. McMahon and Jeffrey A. Smith, ABA Special Committee on Environmental Disclosure Newsletter, Vol. 2, No. 1 (Nov. 2004).
· "Cartoon Science: The Struggle Between Politics and Science at the Environmental Protection Agency," with Angus Macbeth and James F. Warchall, National Legal Center for the Public Interest, May 2002
|Profile Visibility |
|#524 in weekly profile views out of 6,163 lawyers in New Orleans, Louisiana|
|#118,525 in weekly profile views out of 1,512,663 total lawyers Overall|