- Transactional Law
- Corporate Finance Law
- Corporate Law
|University ||University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A., with honors, 1977|
|Law School||Case Western Reserve University, J.D., 1980|
|Admitted||1981, New York|
|Born||New York, N.Y., April 21, 1955|
Les serves as Chair of the Firm's Healthcare Practice. During his more than 30 years representing public and private companies, Les has completed more than 300 M&A and financing transactions. While he represents a wide range of companies in various industries, Les concentrates his practice on transactions for clients within the healthcare and life sciences industries. He provides representation on acquisitions and dispositions, public and private equity and debt offerings, securities and regulatory compliance and governance matters, restructurings and reorganizations as well as counseling on many other types of business and financial transactions.
Les brings a hands-on practical based approach to assisting clients in anticipating issues and implementing creative and cost-effective strategies and solutions.
· Les has helped healthcare providers acquire, dispose of and finance business units both domestically and overseas
· Les lead a team in the multi-jurisdictional sale of NASDAQ listed Allied Healthcare International Inc. to Saga Group Limited.
· Businesses in numerous industries have turned to Les to assist them in restructuring and workout transactions
· Les led a team in a complicated multi-jurisdiction public company recapitalization transaction
· Les has represented numerous cable television operators in the acquisition, disposition and financing of hundreds of cable television properties
· Les has represented international wireless carriers in license acquisitions, system deployment and financing transactions
· He represented a wireless telephone operator in the sale of its principal systems to America Movil, one of the world's leading cellular telephone companies
· Les represented one of the leading paging companies in one of the largest concurrent public debt and equity offerings
· Les often represents early-stage companies in acquisitions and private equity and venture capital transactions
Wireless & Satellite
Berman Institute on Bioethics at Johns Hopkins University - Advisory Board member
American Bar Association - Federal Regulation of Securities Section
New York State Bar Association - Health Law Section
Law360 Health Editorial Advisory Board
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
FDA Issues Draft Guidance for Medical Device Data Systems
Leslie J. Levinson,Michaela ("Kayla") Tabela, July 1, 2014
On June 20, 2014, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued draft guidance to inform manufacturers, distributors, and other entities that FDA does not intend to enforce compliance with the agency’s 2011 regulations governing medical device data systems (MDDS) subject to 21 CFR...
AHA Sues over Delays in Appeals Process
Leslie J. Levinson,Michaela ("Kayla") Tabela, May 30, 2014
On May 22, 2014, the American Hospital Association (AHA) and three member hospitals filed a lawsuit against Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, in her capacity as the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia to compel HHS...
|Profile Visibility |
|#9,962 in weekly profile views out of 88,100 lawyers in New York, New York|
|#134,437 in weekly profile views out of 1,510,087 total lawyers Overall|