Lewis is Co-chair of the firm's Venture Capital & Emerging Companies Practice, focusing primarily in the areas of venture capital, mergers and acquisitions, corporate law, intellectual property, and securities law.
He regularly represents technology-based companies, principally in the areas of biotechnology, biomedical, medtech, networking and communications, Internet, and software. His clients range in size from start-up ventures to large public companies. He routinely counsels these clients on their growth and development, advises their boards of directors and management, and assists them with a wide range of domestic and international transactions, including venture capital and other private financings, technology licensing, mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances, and public offerings.
Lewis also regularly represents venture capital firms in both fundraising and portfolio investment activities and underwriters in public offerings and private placements of equity and debt securities.
• Eleven Mintz Levin Attorneys and Six Practice Areas Recommended by Legal 500 United States 2013, (06.18.2013)
• Mintz Levin Represents Paratek Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in $485M Licensing Agreement With Novartis, (10.14.2009)
• Quoted inMaking Connections, Managing Risk in Startup Deals: A Visit to Boston Law Firm Mintz Levin,Xconomy.com (08.25.2009)
Recognitions & Awards
• Recognized byThe Legal 500 United Statesas a well-known life sciences expert for Venture Capital and Emerging Companies (2014)
• Recommended byThe Legal 500 United Statesfor Mergers, Acquisitions and Buyouts - Venture Capital and Emerging Companies (2013)
• Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
Tax Incentive to Invest in Small Businesses Prior to Year End,Venture Capital & Emerging Companies Alert (11.01.2011)
• Co-author,Dodd-Frank Act Affects Private Placements by Raising the Bar for Individual Accredited Investors,Venture Capital & Emerging Companies Alert (07.26.2010)
Panelist,Venture Capital Panel,Global Life Science Partnering Conference, BIOCOM, La Jolla, CA (02.27.2013)
• Moderator,Health Care Panel,Venture Capital Conference: Jumpstarting an Innovation Economy, MIT, Cambridge, MA (11.18.2011)