Lisa A. Atkins is an associate in Cadwalader's Corporate Group. She concentrates her practice in the area of corporate law, with emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, securities law, corporate finance and corporate governance. She counsels clients in a wide range of complex transactions, including public and private mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, public and private securities offerings, proxy contests, exchange offers, tender offers and joint ventures. Lisa's practice also includes the representation of investment banks in their capacity as financial advisors on M&A and other transactions. In addition to her transactional experience, Lisa advises clients in a wide array of governance, securities and other commercial matters, including directors' duties and responsibilities, board composition, disclosure issues and compliance.
Lisa received her B.A. from Boston University, where she was a Boston Scholar, and her J.D. from the Brooklyn Law School, where she was a member of the Moot Court Honor Society, a fellow for the Dennis J. Block Center for the Study of International Business and Vice President of the Black Law Students Association. She was also selected as a fellow for the New York City Bar Association Diversity Fellowship Program in 2007.
Lisa is admitted to practice law in the State of New York.
Representative transactions on which Lisa has worked include:
• Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. in its pending acquisition of Civitas Therapeutics, Inc.
• The Pasha Group on its agreement to acquire the Hawaii trade-lane business of Horizon Lines
• Citigroup in a term loan financing for a special purpose entity to co-invest in a slate of films produced by Sony Pictures Entertainment.
• Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC as sole structuring advisor and sole placement agent for a $50 million royalty bond financing by an indirect special purpose subsidiary of Danish pharmaceutical company Zealand Pharma, A/S, backed by stand-alone patent royalties and milestone payments from the licensee of Zealand's diabetes drug lixisenatide.
• Towers Watson's sale of its Reinsurance Brokerage Business
• Towers Watson's acquisition of Liazon Corporation
• Elan Corporation, plc in the spinoff of a substantial portion of its drug discovery business platform
• Elan Corporation, plc. in its $381 million sale of ordinary shares of Alkermes plc and subsequent $170 million sale of its remaining ordinary shares of Alkermes plc
• AngioDynamics, Inc.'s acquisition of Navilyst Medical
• DPL Inc.'s merger with AES Corp.
• Pfizer Inc.'s sale of its Capsugel business to KKR
• The United States Department of the Treasury in connection with its TARP investments
• Barclays Bank PLC in the restructuring of Contec, LLC
• CIT Bank's acquisition of the commercial loan portfolio of Flagstar Bank
• Nektar Therapeutics in its $124 million asset sale to Royalty Pharma
• Barclays and the other underwriters in connection with Lorillard Tobacco Company's issuance of $500 million senior unsecured notes
• The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Landry's Restaurants, Inc. in the acquisition of Landry's Restaurants, Inc. by Tilman J. Fertitta
• Putnam Bridge Funding LLC's acquisition of the “ Ciudadela project,” a major distressed real estate development located in Puerto Rico
News & Resources
• Cadwalader Advises The Pasha Group on $141 Million Acquisition Nov 11, 2014