Lisa Atkins concentrates her practice in the area of corporate law, with emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, securities law, corporate finance and corporate governance. She represents clients in a wide range of complex transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, public and private securities offerings, proxy contests, leveraged buyouts, tender offers and joint ventures.
Lisa received her B.A. from Boston University and her J.D. from the Brooklyn Law School, where she was a member of the Moot Court Honor Society, a fellow for the Dennis J. Block Center for the Study of International Business and Vice President of the Black Law Students Association. She was also selected as a fellow for the New York City Bar Association Diversity Fellowship Program in 2007. Lisa is admitted to practice law in the State of New York.
Representative transactions on which Lisa has worked include:
• Elan Corporation, Plc's offering of ordinary shares of Alkermes Public Limited Company
• AngioDynamics, Inc.'s acquisition of Navilyst Medical
• DPL Inc.'s merger with AES Corp.
• Pfizer Inc.'s sale of its Capsugel business to KKR
• The United States Department of the Treasury in connection with its TARP investments
• The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Landry's Restaurants, Inc. in the acquisition of Landry's Restaurants, Inc. by Tilman J. Fertitta
• Putnam Bridge Funding LLC's acquisition of the "Ciudadela project," a major distressed real estate development located in Puerto Rico
• Barclays Bank PLC in the restructuring of Contec, LLC
• CIT Bank's acquisition of the commercial loan portfolio of Flagstar Bank
• Nektar Therapeutics in its $124 million asset sale to Royalty Pharma