Luis Octavio Núñez's professional experience includes international mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital investment, joint ventures, commercial loans to companies, debt restructurings, securities offerings in Mexico and the United States, and other forms of financing. His experience includes the creation of financing structures and vehicles for the securitization of real estate assets. Luis also regularly advises real estate developers and other companies involved in real estate transactions.
Areas of Concentration
· Commercial loans and debt restructurings
· International commercial contracts
· Joint ventures
· Securities offerings
Professional & Community Involvement
· Mexico Chair, U.S.-Mexico Bar Association, Real Estate Law Committee, Construction Law Subcommittee
Awards & Recognition
· Member, Winning Team, Acquisition International magazine, "Overall Law Firm of the Year - Mexico," 2013
· Member, Winning Team, Acquisition International magazine, "Most Trusted Law Firm of the Year - Mexico," 2013
· Member, Winning Team, InterContinental Finance, "Merges & Acquisitions Firm of the Year - Mexico," 2013
· Member, Winning Team, Lawyers World Law Awards, "Merges & Acquisitions Firm of the Year - Mexico," 2013
· Team Member, The Legal 500 United States, "Top Tier" Firm in Real Estate, 2013
· Member, Winning Team, DealMakers, Law Firm of the Year - Mergers & Acquisitions - Mexico," 2012-2013
· Listed, Chambers Global, Corporate/M&A, 2010-2013
· Listed, Chambers Latin America
- Aviation, 2012-2013
- Corporate/M&A, 2010-2013
· Team Member, a Law360 "Real Estate Practice Group of the Year," 2012
· Listed, Global Law Experts, Real Estate, 2011
· Listed, International Financial Law Review, Financial and Corporate, 2009-2010
· Advised venture capital and private equity funds, throughout the investment and exit phases, involved in a range of industries and commercial transactions in Mexico.
· Advised a leading equity fund in the acquisition of 25% of a Mexican low-cost, low-fare airline.
· Represented the Mexican government in the bidding process and sale of 100% of the shares of the largest Mexican government-owned life insurance company.
· Participated in the design and issuance of debt securities in the form of securitization of rents from shopping centers, the first transaction of its type in Mexico.
· Represented one of the largest Mexican real estate developers, in the design and anchorage of various shopping centers, joint ventures for development and operation of luxury and business class hotels, securitization of real estate assets, and financing for acquisition and development of high-end residential projects.
· Represented one of the largest multinational financing entities in the debt and equity financing for a major Mexican real estate and housing developer.
· Represented multiple land acquisitions and land leases throughout Mexico involving large retail outlets.
· Represented syndicates of Mexican banks in several debt restructurings of large Mexican corporate groups.
· Advised in the contractual arrangements for the commercialization and operation of publishing services with the two largest cinema theaters in Mexico.
· Participation in various international acquisitions of shares and assets.
· Acted as independent legal counsel in issuances of corporate debt securities in the form of certificados bursátiles.
· Participated in commercial arbitration conducted by the International Chamber of Commerce.
· Acted as board member and corporate secretary of several Mexican companies.
Some of the above representations were handled by Mr. Núñez prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, S.C.