Ms. Stefanowicz concentrates her practice in the areas of commercial lending and real estate. She provides counsel to both lenders and borrowers in real estate acquisition, construction, permanent mortgage and mezzanine financings. She has significant experience in real estate workouts and debt restructuring transactions, and represents real estate developers and investment funds in connection with the formation of joint ventures to acquire, construct and manage properties.
Ms. Stefanowicz handles the structuring, negotiation and documentation of both secured and unsecured corporate and commercial loan transactions and other credit accommodations. Her work in this area encompasses revolving credit and term loan facilities, syndicated and participated credits, letters of credit and bankers' acceptances, asset-based financings, liquidity facilities and tax-exempt financings. She represents lenders in the negotiation and documentation of inter-creditor agreements.
Ms. Stefanowicz also has experience in general corporate, commercial and real estate matters. She has negotiated and drafted contracts in connection with a wide range of transactions including acquisitions and divestitures, leases, easements, and management agreements.
Honors & Awards
• fellow and Board of Regents, American College of Mortgage Attorneys (ACMA): Co-Chair, Opinions Committee; Chair, Branding Task Force; alternate designee to WGLO; member, Strategic Planning Committee; member, Capital Markets Committee
• fellow, American College of Real Estate Lawyers (ACREL): Secretary, Attorney Opinions Committee; member, Capital Markets Committee
• Listed in New Jersey Super Lawyers, a Thompson Reuters business, in the Banking and Real Estate practice areas (2005-2006, 2008 -- present)
• Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rated AV® Preeminent (a trademark of Internet Brands, Inc.) (2014)
• Recipient of the NAIOP NJ Chapter President's Award (2008)
• Represented Wells Fargo Bank as Agent in a $222.5 million syndicated senior secured revolving credit facility (including letters of credit, bankers' acceptances and swing line loans) to Atalanta Corporation, a multinational food importer, and its affiliates
• Represented property owner (joint venture between a developer and an affiliate of Fidelity Investments) in connection with a $44.7 million syndicated construction loan with Wells Fargo Bank as Agent, the proceeds of which were used to renovate and reposition a vacant suburban office building
• Represented Bank of America in connection with senior secured credit facilities aggregating $41.5 million, including a term loan to partially finance an acquisition of a steel mill and manufacturing facility, a revolving credit facility for working capital purposes, an equipment line of credit, and an acquisition facility to finance permitted acquisitions in the future, to an industry world leader in the design and manufacture of prefabricated modular steel bridges
• Represented Bank of America as senior secured lender in connection with the restructure of aggregate credit facilities of almost $52 million to a human tissue bank, with a letter of credit sub-facility, an equipment line of credit and equipment term loans
• Represented Bank of America and Banc of America Leasing in connection with the restructure of the aggregate outstanding secured indebtedness (over $1 billion) of a major New Jersey multi-facility healthcare system under its master trust indenture
• Represented Bank of America as liquidity provider under a standby bond purchase agreement with Meridian Hospitals Corporation in connection with the conversion of a $97 million tranche of New Jersey Health Care Facilities Financing Authority Revenue Bonds from auction rate to variable rate bonds
• Represented Bank of America as liquidity provider under a standby bond purchase agreement with CentraState Medical Center, Inc. in connection with the conversion of $29,850,000 of New Jersey Health Care Facilities Financing Authority Revenue Bonds from auction rate to variable rate bonds
• Represented Wells Fargo Bank as Agent in a $50 million syndicated secured revolving credit facility (including letters of credit, alternative currencies, bankers' acceptances and swing line loans) to a manufacturer/supplier of personalized business gifts and promotional items
• Represented Bank of America in connection with the restructure of a $30 million revolving credit facility to a generic pharmaceuticals company
• Represented Bank of America in connection with a $10 million secured working capital line of credit to a subsidiary of a Norwegian ocean shipping company that acquired the auto distribution and processing business of Nissan North America, Inc.
• Member, NAIOP NJ chapter: Co-Chair, Legal Action Committee; member, Gala Committee; former Co-Chair, Public Relations Committee
• New Jersey State Bar Association: Board of Directors, Banking Law Section; Board of Directors, Business Law Section
• Board of Directors, Dress For Success Morris County
More Activities & Experience
• Member, American Bar Association, Section of Real Property, Trust & Estate Law: member, Real Estate Financing Group; member, Legal Opinions in Real Estate Transactions Committee
• Member, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity; mentor to minority law school student
• Member, Pro Bono Partnership
• Participant in the ABA Military Pro Bono Project
• Fluent in Russian and Polish languages