Mr. Ziolko has extensive experience in all forms of real estate lending and development, including multifamily, residential, office, retail and master plan developments. His real estate practice includes matters related to acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, financing, property management, tax-deferred exchanges, construction and environmental matters. Mr. Ziolko has extensive experience in business planning for real estate transactions, including structuring and forming corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies and documenting and negotiating large venture relationships between developers and institutional investors, private companies and high net worth individuals.
• Representing an Arizona real estate development company from shortly after formation through going public as an NYSE regional REIT and subsequent merger with national REIT.
• Business planning and entity structuring for numerous private developers, including partner planning, risk minimization, tax structuring and asset preservation.
• Structuring venture and partnership transactions with institutional investors, private companies and high net worth individuals involving financial commitments in excess of $100,000,000.
• Structuring and closing simultaneous, delayed and reverse tax-deferred exchanges involving real estate transactions throughout the country.
• Preparing and consulting regarding golf course membership agreements, golf course acquisitions and golf course operating agreements.
• Preparing easements and restrictive covenants and governing documents in master-planned communities, retail centers, mixed-use developments, residential and commercial condominiums and single-family communities.
• Representing lenders in documenting complex commercial and residential loans involving fee-owned real estate, ground leases, non-real estate assets, receivables and aviation collateral.
• Published articles in Arizona State Law Journal (environmental law), University of Detroit Law Review (sports law), and Apartment News Magazine (landlord/tenant law).
• Author, Chapter 3C, Agreements with Brokers, Managing Agents, and Third Parties, REIT: Current Leasing Law and Techniques (Matthew Bender).
• Low Income Housing Tax Credit Application Workshop presented by Kutak Rock LLP and Boston Capital.
• Keeping Real Estate Projects Alive - Current challenges, survival strategies, and opportunities sponsored by Law Seminars International (LSI).
• Condominium Wraps and Risk Reduction - Defeating the 'Build it and They Will Sue!' Syndrome presented by Kutak Rock LLP and Minard Ames.
• Speaker/instructor at numerous Arizona Multihousing Association, Institute of Real Estate Management, and
Maricopa County Industrial Development Authority seminars.
November 9, 2010 Super Lawyers Chooses Kutak Rock Western Attorneys