Rick Sapir's practice focuses on business and real property law, land use, zoning, and corporate matters. He has extensive experience in the area of condominium and home owner association representation, in representing brokerage interests, as well as in drafting and negotiating documents for major institutional property owners and tenants. In addition, to transactional real estate and land use, Mr. Sapir has had significant experience in the area of condominium and home owner association representation, having represented associations where average residences range from $2,000,000 to $5,000,000 dollars and multi-condominium associations, having control of more than 1,000 units.
Mr. Sapir is rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell and in 2011 he was recognized by peer review in Florida Trend's Legal Elite in the area of business law.
• Closed and underwrote title on the refinance of a resort in the Florida Keys in an amount over $40,000,000.
• Acted as local lender's counsel to a foreign lender refinancing a Dade County resort in the amount of approximately $150,000,000.
• Represented nationally known insurance and financial service providers in acquisitions including an $18,000,000 residential rental apartment complex.
• Obtained land use approval for many clients, including a major South Florida theme park.
• Obtained the first municipally approved traffic calming plan for a community within the City of West Palm Beach.
• Acquired and sold several shopping centers in transactions ranging to $20,000,000.
Before Edwards Wildman
Prior to joining Edwards Wildman, Mr. Sapir formed his own professional association and was affiliated with the West Palm beach offices of a national law firm and a Florida law firm.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Mr. Sapir serves as a guardian ad litem in the Palm Beach County Juvenile Court System. He has also served as a volunteer for the North County Humane Society, Busch Wildlife Sanctuary, and Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control.
Mr. Sapir is an advanced equestrian, snow and water skier, boater and motorcyclist. He is also an avid car enthusiast and animal lover.
Veteran Florida Real Estate Attorney Richard Sapir Joins Edwards Wildman
December 18, 2013
(Also at Miami Office)