- Commercial Litigation
- Creditors Rights
- Business Transactions
- Real Estate
|Contact Info||Telephone: 215.564.1700|
|University ||Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland; Rensselear Polytechnic Institute (B.S. in Political Science/Engineering Science)|
|Law School||Suffolk University Law School, J.D.; University of Pennsylvania, LL.M.|
|Admitted||1980, Massachusetts; 1984, New York; 1985, Pennsylvania; 1992, New Jersey|
MARIAN A. KORNILOWICZ is the Chair of the Business Practice Group of Cohen Seglias Pallas Greenhall & Furman PC. His practice is concentrated in the representation of clients in varied business transactions and real estate matters. Engagements include the acquisition, sale, and leasing of real estate, representing title companies, underwriters and insureds in varied title matters, preparing condominium documents, and counseling condominium associations.
Marian has represented financial institutions and businesses in financing matters including the preparation and negotiation of loan documents, work outs, and creditor and debtor rights. Representation in corporate matters includes the negotiation and drafting of governance documents, formation of entities, purchase and sale of businesses, and business litigation.
Marian has taught Law and Human Rights at Rowan University and lectured paralegals on residential real estate law. Prior to joining Cohen Seglias, he was a partner at a boutique firm focused on the representation of businesses in varied commercial litigation and transactional matters.
Marian is fluent in Polish.
· Preservation Alliance for Greater Philadelphia - Member; Former Chair of the Board of Directors
· Jagiellonian Law Society - Vice President - This is an organization of attorneys and judges of Polish descent.
· Kosciuszko Foundation - Board Member - This is a preeminent Polish organization promoting Polish culture and relations with Poland.
Awards & Recognition
· Marian was awarded the 2013 Preservation Alliance Rhoda and Permar Richards Award, for his dedicated service to the Preservation Alliance for Greater Philadelphia.
· Marian has achieved an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating for professional ethical standards and legal ability by Martindale-Hubbell.
· In 2009, 2010 and 2011, Marian was named as a "Leader in Law" by the Philadelphia Business Journal.
· Marian was named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer in the field of General Business by Law & Politics Magazine from 2005-2007, and in New Jersey in 2005. Law & Politics Magazine publishes Super Lawyers annually to recognize accomplished lawyers in more than 70 areas of practice.
· Marian was elected as one of the 2013 Top Rated Business and Commercial Lawyers, by the National Law Journal's Guide to Top Lawyers.
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#1,643 in weekly profile views out of 15,804 lawyers in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|#131,925 in weekly profile views out of 1,530,397 total lawyers Overall|