MARIAN A. KORNILOWICZ is the Chair of the Business Practice Group of Cohen Seglias Pallas Greenhall & Furman PC. His practice is concentrated in the representation of clients in varied business transactions and real estate matters. Engagements include the acquisition, sale, and leasing of real estate, representing title companies, underwriters and insureds in varied title matters, preparing condominium documents, and counseling condominium associations.
Marian has represented financial institutions and businesses in financing matters including the preparation and negotiation of loan documents, work outs, and creditor and debtor rights. Representation in corporate matters includes the negotiation and drafting of governance documents, formation of entities, purchase and sale of businesses, and business litigation.
Marian has taught Law and Human Rights at Rowan University and lectured paralegals on residential real estate law. Prior to joining Cohen Seglias, he was a partner at a boutique firm focused on the representation of businesses in varied commercial litigation and transactional matters.
Marian is fluent in Polish.
News & Publications
• Is newer always better?: Important changes in the New Jersey limited liability company act
Mid-Atlantic Real Estate Journal - June 27, 2014
• Is Newer Always Better? Important Changes in the New Jersey Limited Liability Company Act
Construction in Brief: 2014 Volume 1
• Philadelphia Building Energy Benchmarking Law
Client Alert - October 11, 2013
• Board Chair Honored for Service to the Alliance
Preservation Matters - Spring 2013
• Marian Kornilowicz Earns the 2013 Preservation Alliance Rhoda and Permar Richards Award
March 21, 2013
• Deal ends fight to keep 2 W. Philadelphia buildings, funds cathedral
Philly.com - March 14, 2013
• Preservation Alliance, developer settle litigation
Philadelphia Business Journal - March 13, 2013
• Hurricane Sandy, Issues Relevant to Commercial Landlords and Tenants
Client Alert - December 11, 2012
• Interplay of PA's Mechanics' Lien Law and Condominium Act
Legal Intelligencer - October 12, 2010
• Mechanics' Lien Rights and The Pennsylvania Condominium Act (PDF)
Mid-Atlantic Real Estate Journal - August 14, 2009
• Pennsylvania's Abandoned andBlighted Property Conservatorship Act (PDF)
Mid-Atlantic Real Estate Journal - April 10, 2009
• Multi-Use Projects and Master Condominiums (PDF)
Mid-Atlantic Real Estate Journal - November 21, 2008
• Facade Easements - Alive and Well? (PDF)
Mid-Atlantic Real Estate Journal - June 13, 2008
• Marian A. Kornilowicz Has Been Elected as a Trustee of the Kosciuszko Foundation
Awards & Recognition
• Marian was awarded the 2013 Preservation Alliance Rhoda and Permar Richards Award, for his dedicated service to the Preservation Alliance for Greater Philadelphia.
• Marian has achieved an AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating for professional ethical standards and legal ability by Martindale-Hubbell.
• In 2009, 2010 and 2011, Marian was named as a Leader in Law by the Philadelphia Business Journal.
• Marian was named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer in the field of General Business by Law & Politics Magazine from 2005-2007, and in New Jersey in 2005. Law & Politics Magazine publishes Super Lawyers annually to recognize accomplished lawyers in more than 70 areas of practice.
• Marian was elected as one of the 2013 Top Rated Business and Commercial Lawyers, by the National Law Journal's Guide to Top Lawyers.
• Get The Lead Out - Philadelphia's New Lead Paint Disclosure And Certification Requirements For Residential Properties
March 8, 2013
• What's in a Name? Pennsylvania Decennial Filing Deadline -December 31, 2011
November 23, 2011
• Preservation Alliance for Greater Philadelphia - Member; Former Chair of the Board of Directors
• Jagiellonian Law Society - Vice President - This is an organization of attorneys and judges of Polish descent .
• Kosciuszko Foundation - Board Member - This is a preeminent Polish organization promoting Polish culture and relations with Poland.
• Philadelphia Bar Association - Real Property Section - Member, Executive Committee