Marianne F. Adriatico practices in the areas of common interest development, land use, commercial lending and real estate transactions. Ms. Adriatico has extensive experience representing developers and builders in the structuring of master planned, mixed-use and condominium projects and their regulation by the California Bureau of Real Estate. She regularly advises clients consisting if developers, investors, lenders and entrepreneurs in most transactional aspects of their real estate businesses, including acquisitions, dispositions, and leasing, entity formation and governance, and construction contracts. A portion of her practice focuses on the financing and lending aspects of residential and commerical acqusition, development and construction. She also advises in the areas of environment planning, including compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act, the National Environmental Protection Act, and state and federal endangered species acts.
Ms. Adriatico has experienc drafting and structuring franchise agreements and advises on franchise disclosure documents.
Ms. Adriatico is a 1999 graduate of the University of California, Hastings College of Law, and a magna cum laude graduate of the University of California, Los Angeles.
· Represented American Realty Capital Properties, Inc. (NASDAQ: ARCP), a NASDAQ-traded real estate investment trust (REIT), in a merger transaction valued at $3.1 billion to acquire American Realty Capital Trust IV, Inc., a "non-traded" REIT. The combined company as a result of the merger will have pro forma enterprise value of $10 billion and will be the second largest REIT in the triple net lease sector.
· Represented a theme park in the acquisition, financing and renovation of its newest water park.
· Represented a national provider of post-secondary degrees regarding the handling of national lease-related documentation, including negotiating and drafting numerous commercial leases, amendments, subleases, subordination agreements, estoppels and termination agreements.
· Represented American Realty Capital Properties, Inc. (NASDAQ: ARCP), a NASDAQ-traded real estate investment trust (REIT), in its $3.2 billion "reverse" merger to acquire American Realty Capital Trust III, Inc., a "non-traded" REIT. The deal was structured as a cash-election merger in which the cash portion of the consideration will be limited to 30% of the aggregate merger consideration. The combined company ranks among the five largest triple net lease REITs in the United States.
· Represented owner and developer of industrial, office, and apartment properties in Southern California in entity governance and common interest subdivision matters.
· Duane Morris LLP
- Partner, 2012-present
· Hecht Solberg Robinson Goldberg & Bagley LLP
- Partner, 2004-2012
· Gray Cary Ware & Freidenrich LLP
- Associate, 1999-2004
· California State Bar
- Real Property Section
- Environmental Law Section
· San Diego County Bar Association
- Real Property Section
- Environmental/Land Use Law Section
· National Asian Pacific Bar Association
· Urban Land Institute
- Programs Committee
· California Building Industry Association
- BRE Subcommittee
· Lambda Alpha International - San Diego Chapter
Areas of Practice
· Common Interest Development
· Land Use
· Commercial Lending
· Real Estate Transactions
Civic and Charitable Activities
· Helping Hands Africa
· Kalusugan Community Services, National City
· San Diego Habitat for Humanity
· Co-author, "Key Calif. Supreme Court Decision for Developers in Resolving Construction Defect Disputes," ICSC Legal Update Alert, September 2012
· Author, "Key Calif. Supreme Court Decision for Developers in Resolving Construction Defect Disputes," Duane Morris Alert, August 17, 2012
· Author, "The Good Neighbor Agreement: Environmental Excellence Without Compromise," West-Northwest Journal of Environmental Law and Policy, Spring 1999
Selected Speaking Engagements
· Panelist, "DRE 101," May 2010
· Moderator, "Bankruptcy Primer," California State Bar, Real Property Section, May 2010
· Presenter, "CC&Rs: Getting Them Right from the Start," CBIA, May 2009
(Also at San Diego Office)