Mark Huddle regularly acts as bond counsel, underwriter's counsel, and issuer's counsel in public finance transactions for public and private issuers in Illinois, including school districts, municipalities, airport authorities, and manufacturers. Additionally, he counsels both public and private entities on municipal and state governmental matters, including economic development and tax incentive programs, tax increment financing, contract procurement, purchase of municipally owned property, real estate tax abatements, land use, licensing, regulatory matters, and litigation. He also represents clients before legislative bodies at the State and local levels. Finally, he counsels privately held businesses and not for profit organizations regarding corporate and real estate development matters.
· Representing a developer of affordable senior housing in a $20 million transaction involving tax increment finance, tax credits, and Illinois Housing Development Authority bond, grants, and loans.
· Representing a major media company in obtaining tax increment finance incentives and property tax abatement in the Village of Homewood.
· Representing a suburban school district in negotiations regarding termination of a tax increment finance district, and another district with respect to extension of tax benefits for Sears in Hoffman Estates.
· Acting as bond or underwriter's counsel in numerous transactions, including for the City of Chicago, County of DuPage, the Chicago School Finance Authority, Cicero, Channahon, Sauk Village, River Grove, Broadview, Cicero, Bolingbrook, Prospect Heights, Stone Park, South Elgin, Proviso Township School District 209, and Cicero School District 99.
· Acting as bond, issuer, borrower's or underwriter's counsel in Illinois Finance Authority bond transactions, including Columbia College Chicago, Ozinga Brothers, Plochman, Inc., CGH Medical Center, Northern Illinois University, WBEZ, and Three Crowns Park.
· Representing numerous clients in land use and zoning proceedings, including a major Chicago area golf course in the Village of Romeoville, a multi-national container corporation in the City of Joliet, a car dealership in the Village of Matteson, and a multi national oil company in the Village of Lincolnshire.
· Preparing liquor, food, and business license applications for hotels, restaurants, and nightclubs; addressing ongoing licensing issues with regulators, including contesting revocation proceedings before the Illinois Liquor Commission.
· Representing clients, including a Chicago-area planning agency and an association of Chicago-area municipalities, in a variety of contract procurement matters.
· Coordinating the purchase of City of Chicago-owned property for a community healthcare clinic developer, a Chicago theater company, and a restaurant franchisee.
Before Edwards Wildman
Previous experience: Office of Illinois Governor James R. Thompson - staff assistant for environmental matters and for the Build Illinois public works program.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Mark is a professional artist and a black belt in Shidokan karate.
National Association of Bond Lawyers
Illinois State Bar Association
Palette and Chisel Academy of Arts