Mr. Lowe is the Team Leader of the firm's Lafayette Maritime, Oilfield and Insurance Section. He has successfully defended numerous personal injury claims, and enforced contractual defense and indemnity provisions at both the trial and appellate court levels. His practice includes a wide variety of litigation, including personal injury, property damage, insurance coverage, products liability, and contract disputes, as well as downhole tool failures, vessel collisions, joint operating agreement disputes, oilfield land damage, and reservoir engineering and loss of production cases. State and federal courts frequently cite reported decisions resulting from his work.
His practice includes the handling of catastrophic casualties and wrongful death actions. Mr. Lowe has more than two decades of experience as lead counsel for major corporate clients in both bench and jury trials, and at the appellate levels, in both state and federal courts. He also has successfully pursued claims for loss of hydrocarbon production and property damage involving offshore platforms and has litigated employment disputes, defamation claims, products liability cases, industrial accidents, and general tort matters. He is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Lowe is in the LSU Law Center Hall of Fame and a leader in the Lafayette Parish Bar Association. He has served two terms on the firm's board of directors, served as the Lafayette office management liaison, and has been active in the recruitment and development of new associates.
Honors & Affiliations:
· Lafayette Parish Bar Association - Board of Directors, 1998 - 2004
· Lafayette Parish, Louisiana State, American and Federal Bar Associations - Member
· Maritime Law Association
· Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
· Judge John M. Duhé Chapter of the American Inns of Court (Team Leader)
· LSU Law Center Hall of Fame 1987
· Lafayette Chamber of Commerce
· "LSU Law Center 2011 Recent Developments in Legislation & Jurisprudence-Appellate Practice," November 9, 2011, Lafayette, LA
· "Professionalism," Lafayette Parish Bar Association Bench - Bar Conference, September 1999 and October 2000
· "Procedural and Evidentiary Tactics," Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, January 1995 and 1996
· Numerous in-house seminars and American Inns of Court presentations on contractual indemnity, maritime law and general litigation topics and tactics.
· New Louisiana Statute Limits Indemnity in "Construction Contracts" (La. R.S. 9:2780.1)
· "Louisiana Lignite - A Lumberman's Lament," 42 La. L. Rev. 1148 (1982)