- Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights
- Business Litigation
- Commericial Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Financial Institutions
- Litigation and Appeals
|Contact Info||Telephone: (515) 288-2500|
Fax: (515) 243-0654
|University ||University of Iowa, B.A., 1980|
|Law School||University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., with distinction, 1983|
|Admitted||1983, Missouri; 1986, Iowa|
• American Bankruptcy Institution
• Iowa State Bar Association
• Missouri Bar Association
• Polk County Bar Association
|Born||St. Louis, Missouri, 1958|
Mark is a senior shareholder of the Davis Brown Law Firm and a member of the Business Division. Mark practices in the areas of Commercial Law, Bankruptcy Law and Business Litigation.
Mark has represented creditors and creditor committees in all types of bankruptcy matters, both consumer and business bankruptcy. He has represented both debtors and creditors in state and federal court in proceedings involving commercial law, debtor-creditor rights, and business litigation issues.
• AV Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell. An AV - certification mark is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.
•The Best Lawyers in America -, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
PUBLICATIONS, SPEECHES, AND SEMINARS
Mark has lectured extensively at seminars for lawyers, lenders and other groups.
Mark and his wife, Lynn, a CPA and retired partner with Ernst & Young, have a daughter and a son. Golf and tennis are among Mark's leisure interests.
• 33 Davis Brown attorneys named Best Lawyers in America
• 32 Davis Brown Attorneys Selected for The Best Lawyers in America 2013
• Changes In Procedures In Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Cases for Residential Mortgage Lenders
• The Davis Brown Law Firm Congratulates Mark Walz for 25 Years of Service
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#38 in weekly profile views out of 554 lawyers in West Des Moines, Iowa|
|#104,626 in weekly profile views out of 1,711,087 total lawyers Overall|
The determination of the need for legal services and the choice of a lawyer are extremely important decisions and should not be based solely upon advertisements, certification, specialization or self-proclaimed expertise. A description or indication of limitation of practice does not mean that any agency or board has certified such lawyers as specialist or expert in an indicated field of law practice nor does it mean that such lawyer is necessarily any more expert or competent than any other lawyer. All potential clients are urged to make their own independent investigation and evaluation of any lawyer being considered. These disclosures are required by the Supreme Court of Iowa.