Areas of Concentration
· Complex commercial litigation and business disputes
· Products liability, labor and employment matters, including discrimination and statutory claims
· Securities litigation - class action and derivative cases
· Construction litigation
Professional & Community Involvement
· Board Member, Take Stock in Children, Palm Beach County
- Board Chair (2009-2011)
· American College of Trial Lawyers (in recognition of courtroom skills and professionalism) (Fellow)
· Member, American Board of Trial Advocates (in recognition of experience and ability to try jury trials)
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Bet-the-Company Litigation; Commercial Litigation; Construction Law; Employment Law - Management; Labor Law - Management; Litigation - Construction; Litigation - First Amendment; Litigation - Labor and Employment; Litigation - Land Use and Zoning; Litigation - Real Estate; Litigation - Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy); Litigation - Securities, 2009-2014
- "Lawyer of the Year," West Palm Beach Litigation - Land Use & Zoning Law, 2013
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-2013
· Named, "West Palm Beach Lawyer of the Year," Best Lawyers, Real Estate Law; Securities Law, 2012
· Team Member, a Law360 "Product Liability Practice Group of the Year," 2011
· Listed, Florida Trend magazine, "Legal Elite," Litigation, 2005
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Represented a leading company in dietary supplements and its founder in proceedings taken by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) seeking damages exceeding $25 million dollars. The company and its founder prevailed.
· Represented major Tobacco Company in product liability litigation pending throughout Florida, including jury trial.
· Product liability defense of national manufacturers of consumer products in significant litigation, both individual and class actions.
· Represents public and private clients in all types of complex commercial litigation, products liability, and real estate matters such as a recent trial to enforce a contract to purchase over 20,000 acres of real property.
· Represented major condominium developer in connection with FDUTPA investigation and litigation arising out of the real estate collapse.
· Represented owners and operators of condominium hotel projects in several counties in litigation by unit owners trying to restructure the projects.
· Represented developer of condo hotel project in Panama in RICO action filed in the US District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
· Represented company responsible for toll collection operations on the Florida Turnpike in civil rights action through appeal in the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.
· Represented large financial institution as lead trial counsel in class action jury trial asserting damage claim in excess of $50 million.
· Represented publicly traded major consumer products manufacturer in securities litigation in various shareholder and derivative actions with damage claims exceeding $100 million.
· Represented Fortune 500 Company in contract disputes with former Chairman of the Board.
· Represented senior officers and directors of public companies in SEC investigations.
· Defended Fortune 100 Company in Section 16(b) litigation alleging short-swing profits of $34 million.
· As member of legal team, represented George W. Bush and Dick Cheney in Florida Presidential litigation arising out of 2004 Presidential Election.
· Represented major health insurer in numerous state and federal lawsuits involving ERISA and other HMO related matters.
· Represented major employers in all types of employee disputes, including discrimination, ADA, FLSA claims in federal and state courts throughout Florida, as well as in EEOC investigations.
· Represented major home builders and developers including Technical Olympics U.S.A. (f/k/a Engle Homes), Center Homes, Toll Brothers, Inc and GL Homes in all types of construction, development, land acquisition and homeowner disputes.
· Represented national developers such as The Goodman Company (thirteen story office tower and accompanying garage; Lazovitz, Inc (dispute involving the construction of two nursing home facilities in Dade County and an adult apartment complex); Yale Properties (luxury high-rise beachfront condominiums); Cigna Insurance Company as surety, (Manatee County prisons); KRAVCO, Inc. (regional shopping malls); and Mellon Bank (condominium defect litigation involving 670 condominium units).
· Represented clients with probate matters including - will construction, contested claims, and disputes between and among personal representatives, including corporate fiduciaries.
(Also at Boca Raton Office)