- Debt Finance & Capital Markets
|University ||Brandeis University, B.A.|
|Law School||Washington University in St. Louis, J.D.|
Massachusetts Bar Association
|Born||Boston, Massachusetts, July 8, 1955|
Mark has re-joined the firm as a member of the Firm's Debt Finance group in the Business Law Department. Mark has represented a broad range of clients in numerous multi-creditor transactions across industries, both domestically and internationally. He also has extensive experience in commercial financing and loan workout, representing various constituencies in connection with secured and unsecured commercial, industrial and real estate loans, including acquisitions and leveraged buyout transactions. He has represented clients in distressed loan purchases and dispositions of non-investment grade assets.
• Mark represented an agent bank providing Chapter 11 DIP financing to a group of companies in the plastic film/packaging industry.
• Mark represented an agent bank in the restructuring of a syndicated loan to a technology company.
• He also represented an agent bank in a syndicated loan to finance the acquisition of a retail company.
• He represented an agent bank in the restructuring of a syndicated loan to a specialty finance company.
• Mark has represented sponsor-owned companies in the restructuring of debt outside of bankruptcy.
• Mark has represented an agent lender in the restructuring of a syndicated loan to a commercial defeasance company.
• Mark has represented non-bank lenders in numerous complex recapitalization transactions involving the conversion of debt to equity, including “loan-to-own” scenarios.
Before Edwards Wildman
Before his recent return to the Firm, Mark was in the legal department of PNC Bank, National Association, where he responsible for providing legal services with respect to troubled commercial, industrial and real estate loans and the disposition of distressed commercial loans. Mark was also an Assistant General Counsel for BankBoston, where, in addition to his legal practice, he became responsible for managing that bank's external legal expense. Mark was a Managing Director for FleetBoston Financial Group, where he was involved in international business development and strategy.
Food for Thought Breakfast Series: Current Issues in the Credit Market
January 29, 2010 event
Commercial Real Estate Loan Workouts
January 28, 2009 event
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#1,508 in weekly profile views out of 19,871 lawyers in Boston, Massachusetts|
|#111,830 in weekly profile views out of 1,616,736 total lawyers Overall|