Mark has over 30 years of securities and corporate transactional experience. Mark's practice encompasses public and private securities offerings, domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, SPACs, leveraged buyouts, private investor representations, corporate governance, restructurings and SEC reporting and compliance matters. Since 2004, Mark has led transaction teams in transactions having a value in excess of $3 billion. Mark has wide-ranging industry experience in information technology, government services and biotechnology and has been listed in Chambers USA as a leading corporate attorney in Northern Virginia.
Areas of Concentration
· Public and private securities offerings
· Mergers and acquisitions
· Corporate governance
· Securities law compliance
· Strategic alliances
· Venture capital financings
· Private equity transactions
Professional & Community Involvement
· Advisory Committee Member of the George Mason University School of Information Technology and Engineering
· Member of the Committee for the Campaign for George Mason University Students
· President of International Country Club, Fairfax, Virginia, 1996-1997
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, 2012-2014
· Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America's Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
· Listed, Chambers USA Guide, 2006-2011
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Engineering Solutions and Products, Inc. in connection with its leveraged buy-out by Berkshire Partners.
· KRU Medical Ventures, Inc. in the sale of its managed dialysis centers to DaVita Corporation.
· Centra Technology, Inc. in connection with its acquisitions of Socio-Cultural Intelligence Analysis, Inc., Courage Services Inc. and Strategic Solutions Unlimited, Inc.
· Online Resources Corporation in its initial and follow-on public offerings.
· N.E.W. Customer Service Companies, Inc. in its leveraged buyout by Berkshire Partners.
· SouthPeak Interactive Corporation in becoming a public company through its business combination with a publicly traded special purpose acquisition corporation.
· Online Resources Corporation in its acquisition of Princeton eCom Corp.
· Speedy Cash. with its reorganization and private equity transaction with Friedman, Fleischer & Lowe.
· Mercator Partners Acquisition Corp., a publicly-traded special purpose acquisition corporation, in its acquisitions of Global Internetworking, Inc. and European Telecommunications and Technology Limited.
· Baran Group, Ltd. of Israel in its stock for stock acquisition of 02wireless Solutions, Inc and listing on the NASDAQ Stock Market.
· Online Resources Corporation in its acquisition of Internet Transaction Solutions, Inc.
· Checksmart Financial Holdings, Inc. in its reorganization and leveraged buyout to Diamond Castle Partners.
· N.E.W. Customer Service Companies, Inc. in its leveraged buyout by T.H. Lee Putnam Ventures and Freeman Spogli and in its leveraged recapitalizations.
· Cellomics, Inc. in its acquisition by Fisher Scientific International Inc.
· Apptis Holdings, Inc. in its private equity transaction with New Mountain Capital.
· Apptis Holdings, Inc. in its acquisition of SETA Corporation.
· Representation of companies primarily in the government information technology and biotechnology sectors.