Martin Butler is an accomplished business practitioner with a strong concentration on all aspects of commercial transactions and operations,...
• Lead counsel for $200 million 75 acre, mixed-use, in-field commercial development project, including negotiations for anchor tenants, site development agreements, master declarations, sub-declarations, and all public and private financing.
• Successfully negotiated the acquisition and completion of Hilton and Hyatt hotel franchise agreements for national hospitality provider.
• Successful trial court and state supreme court defense of national advertising client in condemnation litigation involving digital billboard.
• Comprehensive representation of national real estate developer in connection with $70 million “in-field” redevelopment of Denver, Co. office complex and hotel properties, including leasing, financing, parking garage development, quasi-public infrastructure, tax increment financing.
• Developer representation for $50M Covington, Ky., high-end, “Ascent” high-rise condominium development project, including ground leasing, air rights, bond financing, master condominium declarations and documents, unit sales and financing
• Counsel to hospitality industry real estate investment trust (REIT)
Areas of Concentration
• Airline Equipment Acquisitions / Leasing
• Bank and Commercial Lending
• Commercial / Residential Real Estate
• Commercial Litigation
• Eminent Domain
• Mergers / Acquisitions
• Trusts / Estate Planning and Administration
• Cincinnati Bar Association
• Ohio Bar Association
• Kentucky Bar Association
• Northern Kentucky Bar Association
• American Bar Association
• Northern Kentucky University Board of Regents, chairman of search/screening committee
• Northern Kentucky University, Board of Regents
• Northern Kentucky Fine Arts Fund Campaign, 2007 chairman
• Northern Kentucky Habitat for Humanity, past president
• Parish Kitchen, past board member
• Senior Citizens of Northern Kentucky, past board member
• Southbank Fund, past advisory board member
Honors & Recognition
Martindale AV® Preeminent™ attorney
Northern Kentucky University Lincoln Award, 2014
Corporex Eagle Award, 2005
Advertising / Outdoor
Commercial Real Estate Development
Estate Planning / Trusts / Probate
Hospitality / Hotels