Martin Butler is an accomplished business practitioner with a strong concentration on all aspects of commercial transactions and operations, corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, and is recognized as one of the Midwest's most experienced and respected commercial real estate counsel, with a long record of successful representation involving hundreds of millions of dollars in local and nationally recognized development projects, including comprehensive counsel on site selection and acquisition, zoning, construction, leasing, sale, and public and private financing.
· Lead counsel for $200 million 75 acre, mixed-use, in-field commercial development project, including negotiations for anchor tenants, site development agreements, master declarations, sub-declarations, and all public and private financing.
· Successfully negotiated the acquisition and completion of Hilton and Hyatt hotel franchise agreements for national hospitality provider.
· Successful trial court and state supreme court defense of national advertising client in condemnation litigation involving digital billboard.
· Comprehensive representation of national real estate developer in connection with $70 million "in-field" redevelopment of Denver, Co. office complex and hotel properties, including leasing, financing, parking garage development, quasi-public infrastructure, tax increment financing.
· Developer representation for $50M Covington, Ky., high-end, "Ascent" high-rise condominium development project, including ground leasing, air rights, bond financing, master condominium declarations and documents, unit sales and financing
· Counsel to hospitality industry real estate investment trust (REIT)
Areas of Concentration
· Airline Equipment Acquisitions | Leasing
· Bank and Commercial Lending
· Commercial | Residential Real Estate
· Commercial Litigation
· Eminent Domain
· Mergers | Acquisitions
· Trusts | Estate Planning and Administration
· Cincinnati Bar Association
· Ohio Bar Association
· Kentucky Bar Association
· Northern Kentucky Bar Association
· American Bar Association
· Northern Kentucky University Board of Regents, chairman of search/screening committee
· Northern Kentucky University, Board of Regents
· Northern Kentucky Fine Arts Fund Campaign, 2007 chairman
· Northern Kentucky Habitat for Humanity, past president
· Parish Kitchen, past board member
· Senior Citizens of Northern Kentucky, past board member
· Southbank Fund, past advisory board member
Honors & Recognition
Martindale AV® Preeminent™ attorney
Corporex Eagle Award, 2005
Advertising | Outdoor
Commercial Real Estate Development
Estate Planning | Trusts | Probate
Hospitality | Hotels