Martin Kaminsky serves as Greenberg Traurig's General Counsel. Prior to joining the firm, Marty represented a range of clients including public companies, commodity and securities exchanges and professional services firms and their principals in all forms of business litigation throughout the United States. Marty also counseled the boards of directors of several exchanges and public companies.
Marty was trial and appellate counsel in approximately 150 reported decisions involving a broad range of business litigation matters, and several as a village justice.
Areas of Concentration
Marty served as counsel in contract, antitrust, securities, commodities, regulatory, employment, and professional malpractice matters.
Professional & Community Involvement
· Village Justice, Muttontown, NY
· Former Adjunct Professor and lecturer, Seton Hall Law School
· Member, Federal Bar Council
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
· Member, New York State Bar Association
· Member, New York County Lawyers Association
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, New York Super Lawyers, 2006-2009
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
Marty represented public companies, stock and commodity exchanges, investment banks, brokerage firms, hedge funds, government bodies and law firms, as well as directors, officers and partners thereof. The exchanges included the New York Mercantile Exchange, the Commodity Exchange, the Chicago Mercantile Exchange and the American Stock Exchange.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Author, "Legal and Ethical Issues Involved in Representing Affiliates or Principals of Clients," 37 Journal of the Legal Profession 153
· Author, "The Privilege Against Self-Incrimination in Civil Litigation," 39 Brooklyn Law Review121
· Author, "Proposed Federal Discovery Rules for Complex Civil Litigation," 48 Fordham Law Review 907
· Author, ""State Evidentiary Privileges in Federal Civil Litigation," 43 Fordham Law Review
· Author, "Post-Transaction Evidence," 19 Boston College Law Review 617
· Author, "Collateral Estoppel and Jury Trial Rights," 12 Review of Securities Law 945
· Author, "Securities Litigation Under Securities Act §12(2) and How it Compares with Rule 10b-5," 13 Houston Law Review 231
· Author, "The Antitrust Labor Exemption," 16 Seton Hall Law Review 4
· Author, "Available Compromises for Continued Judicial Selection Reform", 53 St. Johns Law Review 466
· Author, "A Proposal for Mandatory Preselection Screening of State Court Judges", 51 St. Johns Law Review 516
· Author, "Judicial Selection: Alternatives to the Status Quo in Selection of State Court Judges", 48 St. Johns Law Review 496
· Lecturer at meetings of International Bar Association and various U.S. bar associations, and at conferences of business associations and other professional groups, for several years