Martin L. Lepelstat focuses his practice on tax and trusts and estate planning. He has represented individuals, businesses, partnerships, limited liability companies, corporations, and special types of entities in connection with the planning, structuring and defense of tax transactions. Martin has represented his clients at both the federal and state levels in matters related to tax and audits.
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, 2013 Tour de Cure Executive Committee
· Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
· Former Trustee, Middlesex County Bar Association
· Member, Tax, Real Property and Probate Sections of the Florida State Bar
· Past Chair, Taxation and Probate Committees of the Middlesex County Bar Association.
· Member, American Bar Association, Tax and Real Property and Probate Sections
· Member, Tax Section of the New Jersey Bar
· Board member, American Diabetes Association
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Tax Law; Trusts and Estates; Litigation and Controversy - Tax, 2005-2014
· Team Member, Lexology's Client Choice Award USA & Canada, United States: New Jersey, 2013
· Listed, Super Lawyers - New Jersey Edition, Estate Planning and Probate, 2008-2013
· Listed, Who's Who in America
· Listed, Who's Who in American Law
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
Martin has lectured before various bar groups and committees, including the Institute of Continuing Legal Education. His work has been published in several national and local tax publications.
· Co-Author, "Estate Planning -Before It's Too Late!", Exhibit A, Volume 4 Number 2, 2000
· Author, "Qualified Personal Residence Trust," Exhibit A, Fall 1996, Vol. 1 No. 2.
· Co-Author, "The Small Business Job Protection Act May Render the S Election Appropriate for Larger and More Complex Corporations," The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, February 1997
· Author, "Salient Tax Considerations for Condominium Conversions"