The firm serves clients throughout the country (with co-counsel for matters outside of New York and New Jersey). Clients who require solutions to complex or difficult multi-disciplinary issues, closely held business owners, high net worth clients wishing to minimize estate and other tax burdens, are served by a creative and caring staff. The firm takes a personal interest in the well being of its clients and helping them achieve their goals. When planning objectives can be achieved in a simple manner the firm will offer simple solutions. If simple solutions cannot effectively achieve your goals the firm will provide you an honest assessment of why and offer a menu of options from which you can choose an approach best suited to your needs.
The firm values the diversity of its staff and encourages active involvement by staff in a wide range of community, social and charitable endeavors. This broad background and humanistic view brings to the firm's clients a fresh and open minded view to help address and solve a myriad of concerns.
The firm endeavors to provide simple to complex solutions to meet estate and related planning objectives.
Planning is approached in a holistic manner that addresses personal, financial, corporate tax, asset protection, estate, and other planning considerations.
Creative solutions can also be tailored to address a wide range of real issues that are generally ignored but vital to achieving peace of mind and other planning goals including religious concerns, chronic illness and other health issues, family concerns.
High net worth individuals and families, many with closely held business interests, substantial real estate holdings, or professional practices who need coordination of income tax, estate planning, business and succession planning with consideration of significant personal goals and objectives.
The firm represents a wide range of individuals, businesses, and professional practices, including:
· Closely held manufacturer
· Large private high technology company engaging in sophisticated estate tax minimization
· Medical practice groups estate, asset protection, and related planning, shareholders' agreement, split dollar arrangements and more
· Solo professional practitioners undertaking estate and succession planning
· Medium size law firm merging with several smaller firms.
· Real estate developers addressing dealer versus investor status, note sales to grantor trusts, GRATs, maximizing depreciation and section 179 deductions, LLC operating agreements, joint ventures.