Marvin Infinger concentrates his practice in the areas of business litigation and admiralty law. He also handles complex litigation including:
· Commercial cases
· Prosecution and defense of construction claims
· Admiralty claims
· Probate actions
· Intellectual property actions
· Municipal corporate actions
During his more than 30 years of practicing law Mr. Infinger has also represented clients in non-administrative environmental damage actions and his experience spans the transportation, maritime, and hospitality, tourism, and recreation industries.
Mr. Infinger also served, at the request of the Chief Judge of the Federal District Court of South Carolina, as chair of the Advisory Committee under the Civil Justice Reform Act. In that role, he led the review and recommendation process that resulted in modifications of congressionally mandated practice rules.
· Named Charleston's 2009 "Bet-the-Company Litigator of the Year" by Best Lawyers®
· Best Lawyers® - Admiralty Law, Litigation-Construction, Litigation-Intellectual Property, Litigation-Municipal, Commercial Litigation and Bet-the-Company Litigation
· Super Lawyers® - Business Litigation and Transportation/Maritime Law since 2008
· Benchmark Litigation, "Local Litigation Star" - Charleston
· Chair of Advisory Committee under the Civil Justice Reform Act
· SC Board of Commissioners on Greivances and Discipline
· Fourth Circuit Judicial Conference - permanent member
· South Carolina State Ethics Commision - former commissioner
· Charleston County Bar Association - past president
77 Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Named to the 2014 Edition of Best Lawyers in America®
Nexsen Pruet is pleased to announce that 77 attorneys have been named to Best Lawyers in America for 2014.
Nexsen Pruet Ranked Among Top in the Carolinas; Legal Guide Recognizes Sixteen Attorneys and Six Practice Areas
Nexsen Pruet is pleased to announce its ranking in the 2013 edition of Chambers and Partners USA.
Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Recognized By Peers; Twenty-Eight Named to 2013 Super Lawyers® List for South Carolina
Nexsen Pruet is pleased to announce the attorneys who have been listed in the 2013 edition of South Carolina Super Lawyers®.
Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Named to the 2013 Edition of Best Lawyers in America®
Nexsen Pruet attorneys have been named to the Best Lawyers in America® list for 2013.
Nexsen Pruet Attorneys and Practice Groups Ranked Among Top in the Carolinas
Nexsen Pruet attorneys and practice areas have been recognized by a leading legal directory in both North and South Carolina.
Attorneys Recognized By Peers; Twenty-Four Named to 2012 Super Lawyers® List for South Carolina
Nexsen Pruet is pleased to announce that twenty-four attorneys have been listed in the 2012 edition of South Carolina Super Lawyers®.
Legal Publication Recognizes Five Nexsen Pruet Attorneys
Five attorneys have been recognized by Benchmark Litigation.
62 Attorneys Named to the 2012 Edition of Best Lawyers®
Nexsen Pruet is proud to announce that 62 of its attorneys have been named to the 2012 edition of Best Lawyers®.
Nexsen Pruet Attorneys and Practice Groups Rated Among Top in the Carolinas
The newly released 2011 edition of Chambers USA lists fourteen attorneys as "Leaders in their Field" and gives high marks to the firm in six practice areas.
Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Recognized By Peers; Sixteen Named to 2011 Super Lawyers® List for South Carolina
Nexsen Pruet is pleased to announce that sixteen attorneys have been listed in the 2011 edition of South Carolina Super Lawyers®. Those attorneys practice in firm's Charleston, Columbia, Greenville and Myrtle Beach offices.
Experienced Litigator Joins Nexsen Pruet's Charleston Office
Well-known litigator, Marvin D. Infinger, has joined Nexsen Pruet as Special Counsel and will practice in the firm's Charleston office. Infinger has practiced law for more than 30 years in South Carolina.
Civic & Professional Memberships
· American Bar Association (Litigation Section)
· Charleston County Bar Association
· Maritime Law Association of the United States
· Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute
· South Carolina Bar (Trial and Appellate Advocay Section)
· South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys' Association