Matt's practice encompasses a range of litigation matters, including False Claims Act defense, securities litigation, complex civil litigation, and white collar criminal defense. He regularly advises clients at all stages of civil and criminal litigation, from pre-litigation counseling and investigation through discovery, trial, and the appeals process.
In 2010, Matt was appointed as a Special Assistant District Attorney for Middlesex County while on a firm-sponsored leave of absence. In that role, Matt prosecuted hundreds of criminal cases, handled arraignments and bail arguments, argued motions to suppress, and took over a dozen cases to jury and jury-waived trials.
Before joining Mintz Levin, Matt served as a law clerk to the Honorable Martha B. Sosman of the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts. During law school, he also served as a law intern for the Honorable David N. Hurd, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York.
During law school, he served as editor-in-chief of the University of Pennsylvania Law Review.
• Matthew D. Levitt Elevated to Member of Mintz Levin, (05.18.2015)
• Mintz Levin Elevates Seven Attorneys to Members of the Firm, (05.05.2015)
• Eighty-Five Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2014 Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, (10.17.2014)
• Four Mintz Levin Attorneys Selected for Boston's Future Leaders Program, (02.12.2014)
• Seventy-Nine Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2013 Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, (10.21.2013)
• Seventy-One Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2012 Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, (10.22.2012)
• Co-author, Mintz Levin Health Care Qui Tam Update, Recently Unsealed Whistleblower Cases (05.06.2015)
• Co-author, Mintz Levin Health Care Qui Tam Update, Recent Developments & Unsealed Cases (11.20.2014)
• Co-author, Mintz Levin Health Care Qui Tam Update, Recent Developments & Unsealed Cases (03.20.2014)
• Co-author, Mintz Levin Health Care Qui Tam Update, Recent Developments & Unsealed Cases (12.2013)
• Co-author, Mintz Levin Health Care Qui Tam Update, Recent Developments and Unsealed Cases (09.2013)
• Co-author, Texting While Driving Know the Law, Litigation Alert (06.08.2012)
• Co-author, Cyberbullying - Talking to Your Children About Responsibly Using Social Networking and Electronic Communications, Litigation Advisory (10.19.2011)
Get to know Matt Levitt.
Recognitions & Awards
•Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Rising Star - Business Litigation (2012 - 2014)
•Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce: Boston's Future Leaders (2014)