MATT GIOFFRE is an Associate in the Construction Group of Cohen Seglias Pallas Greenhall & Furman PC. Matt advises clients on legal matters and litigates complex construction law claims on behalf of general contractors and subcontractors, as well as owners, design-builders, and material suppliers. Matt has broad experience litigating claims involving construction and design defects, product defects, delays, unforeseen conditions, and out-of-scope work claims on public, private, and federal projects. Representing both contractors and project owners, Matt continues to grow his practice pursuing and defending lien claims, bond claims, and Miller Act claims. He has represented clients in many forums including mediations, arbitrations, as well as in trial court for pre-trial motions and jury trials. Matt practices in several jurisdictions, including state and federal courts in Philadelphia, Delaware, Montgomery, and Bucks Counties.
In addition to his litigation experience, Matt has prepared and negotiated contracts for project owners, general contractors, and subcontractors on projects across Eastern Pennsylvania. Matt works closely with his clients to delineate potential outcomes and develop contract terms that limit potential risk.
News & Publications
• Judge Awards Builder in Dispute With Township
The Legal Intelligencer - March 18, 2014
• Backcharges Assessed Against Subcontractors Can Invalidate Lower-Tier Bond Claims
Construction in Brief: 2013 Volume 2
• Cohen Seglias Attorneys Named 2013 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
May 17, 2013
• Habitat for Humanity
• Pre-Construction Lien Waivers: Only in Limited Circumstances
Construction In Brief: Spring 2011
• Playing The Contractor Shell Game
Construction In Brief: Winter 2010
Awards & Recognition
• Matt was named a 2013 and 2014 Rising Star in the field of construction litigation by Law & Politics Magazine.