Matt joined the firm in 2011 and practices real estate law. He has worked on all types of real estate projects, including commercial/retail, residential, office and industrial properties. His experience involves all phases of real estate, including negotiation, acquisition, construction, financing and disposition. Matt has experience drafting various real estate documents, including purchase agreements, leases, easements, construction documents (including all AIA forms), homeowner association (HOA) declarations and related documents. He also works with clients to determine the feasibility of projects, including review of construction issues, title commitments, surveys and application of governmental regulations. Matt has worked on various types of financing situations, including sale/leaseback, loan workouts and standard financing.
Matt also counsels privately held companies with regard to everyday issues, such as entity selection, buy/sells and the drafting and review of vendor contracts.
A summary of some representative real estate transactions include:
· Drafted and negotiated a design/build agreement for large addition to an Ohio hospital.
· Served as counsel on the acquisition and development of over 200 condominium units and 1000 apartment units in Chattanooga, TN, Peoria, AZ, Tampa, Fl and Scottsdale, AZ.
· Served as counsel on a loan workout involving a commercial backed mortgage security loan which included five apartment complexes.
· Represented a client on the acquisition and development of over 2,000,000 square feet of shopping centers in Ohio, Illinois and Virginia.
· Served as counsel to a developer involving various build-to-suit programs for over 40 autobody centers, 50 pharmacy retail stores and 90 insurance centers.
· Represented several clients on the acquisition and development of hundreds of single family home sites around northeast Ohio.
· Served as one of the lead attorneys on the development of a practice facility for a professional basketball team.
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
International Council of Shopping Centers
Named a "Rising Star" in Super Lawyers Magazine, which ranks the top attorneys in Ohio
Managing Editor of the Cleveland State University Law Review while in law school
General Counsel, The Cleveland Professional 20/30 Club, a non-profit organization created to retain young professionals in Greater Cleveland.
Board Member, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. for Autism, an Ohio non-profit corporation created to assist families with the financial burdens of autism.