- Business Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Commercial Real Estate Litigation
- Construction Litigation
West Virginia University, B.A., 1999; College of Charleston, Masters of Science in Environmental Studies, 2001
Wake Forest University School of Law, Cum Laude, 2004
2004, North Carolina; 2007, U.S. District Court, Western and Middle Districts of North Carolina; 2009, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina; 2010, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
Mecklenburg County Bar Association (Chair, Community Service Committee); North Carolina State Bar Association; North Carolina Women's Bar Association including Charlotte Women's Bar (past Board Member and Communications Committee Chair).
Megan is a founding member of Bass, Dunklin, McCullough & Smith, PLLC and was previously a member with Wishart Norris, PA. Megan focuses her practice primarily on commercial litigation and commercial real estate although she began practicing as an attorney on the transactional side for closely held businesses. Megan values community service, having served on the Mecklenburg County Bar’s Community Service Committee and currently serving on the Men’s Shelter of Charlotte Board of Directors. She also enjoys spending time outdoors including gardening and reading a good book. Megan is constantly kept on her toes by her two German Shepherds.
Practice Areas and Representative Work
• Litigating shareholder disputes and related business torts
• Breach of fiduciary duty claims
• Breach of Employment Agreement cases, including enforcement of covenants not to compete and non-solicitation agreements
• Responding to charges of employment discrimination (including sexual and other unlawful harassment
• Defending companies against discrimination claims before the EEOC
Commercial Real Estate Litigation
• Enforcement of commercial lease agreements as well as related guaranty agreements
• Real estate related disputes between developers and other commercial clients including title disputes
Commercial Real Estate
• Representing tenants or landlords regarding leasing
• Acquisition/disposition of commercial real estate
• Assisting clients with land use and zoning issues
Mecklenburg County Bar and Mecklenburg Bar Foundation Leadership Institute ("BLI") - Class of 2012.
Disclaimer: No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. The testimonial or endorsement does not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter. Any result that the endorsed lawyer or law firm may achieve on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily indicate that similar results can be obtained for other clients. Past success cannot be an assurance of future success because each case must be decided on its own merits. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Martindale-Hubbell® does not undertake to develop a Client Review Rating or Peer Review Rating for all firms and/or lawyers. Therefore, the fact that a firm or lawyer has not been reviewed should not be construed as unfavorable. Martindale-Hubbell accepts no responsibility for and will not be liable for the content and accuracy of the individual Reviews and the aggregated Reviews.
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com