Meredith Sayre is a partner in the firm's Guam office. She is currently a transactional attorney with a practice emphasis on labor and employment law and commercial credit matters. She works with clients in broad range of industries including hospitality (hotels, travel companies, tour operators, golf courses) retail, restaurants, health care facilities, financial institutions, and public utilities.
Reductions in Force Represent clients in the termination of employees as a result of company downsizing. Assist clients in following complete procedures internally, fully documenting terminations, filing of all legal notices, and restructuring remaining workforce and job duties.
Fair Labor Standards Act Represent clients in wage and hour compliance investigations conducted by U.S. Department of Labor, and by Government of Guam Department of Labor.
Equal Employment Represent client on charges of discrimination based on ethnicity, gender, age, and religion. In each case, advise and represent client before the U. S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Represent clients in EEOC mediations.
Harassment & Discrimination/Substance Abuse/Affirmative Action Programs Represent large employers in drafting policies and in complying with government contractor's obligations. Assist management with employee training programs.
Labor Represent clients in union organizing petitions and campaigns. Represent unionized clients in operational issues.
Collections/Workouts Represent financial institutions in hundreds of small to medium loan workout matters and foreclosures. Work to assure that the institution receives maximum collateral, accounts receivable, or interests in other debtor assets. Negotiate with debtor to cure loan status when appropriate. Prepare new documentation for financial institution clients to restructure loans due to lagging payments.
Commercial Loan Documents Prepare loan documents for commercial loan transactions.
· University of Guam. Adjunct Professor (Human Resources Management and Managing the Employee and the Workplace), 2005-2010; guest lecturer in various courses.
· Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) - Guam Chapter. Frequent presenter on labor and employment issues, including on the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 and workplace investigations, 2010.
· Guam Chamber of Commerce Small Business Development Center. Presenter at monthly seminars such as violating the Fair Labor Standards Act, harassment and discrimination basics, and discrimination and harassment in a diverse workforce.
· EEOC/TAPS-Guam Best Practices Seminar. Panel discussion participant (with Olophius Perry, Los Angeles EEOC District Director, Tim Rivera, Honolulu EEOC Director and Katherine Dote, Guam SHRM President, on November 7, 2007.
· Guam Bar Association
· American Bar Association
· Society for Human Resource Management
· Guam Girl Scouts, Inc.