Practice/Industry Group Overview
We advise and counsel employers of all sizes on the design, creation, compliance and operation of all types of our employee benefits and ERISA law services. We have experience with qualified and non-qualified retirement plans, welfare plans, and deferred compensation arrangements. We regularly represent employers and advise on employee benefits issues in mergers and acquisitions. We also assist companies in resolving IRS audits and Department of Labor investigations of employee benefit plans. Our clients include labor unions, public corporations, private companies, non-profit organization and public agencies.
Our Employee Benefits team is equipped to help you:
- Design the best types of compensation and benefit programs for your organization, including retirement plans, health and welfare plans, fringe benefit plans, and executive compensation programs. Our team will custom tailor a benefits program designed to meet your specific needs;
- Administer and manage your benefits program, provide ongoing support for all aspects of benefits administration, including distributions, loans, withdrawals, option exercises, investment changes, plan participant communications, claims and inquiries, and all issues and matters relating to plan providers;
- Maintain compliance with federal tax laws, ERISA, securities laws and state laws;
- Advise on the impact of laws and regulations governing employee benefits, including ERISA, tax laws, COBRA, HIPAA, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, Sarbanes-Oxley, WARN Act, and other federal and state rules;
- Develop procedures and practices in satisfaction of fiduciary duties;
- Address benefits issues in corporate transactions and restructurings, providing a range of services, including due diligence reviews of benefit programs and counsel on post-closing benefit issues, such as plan mergers or liability transfers and plan amendments and terminations;
- Implement strategies to insulate and prevent benefits-related disputes and lawsuits, whether arising from the government or plan participants.
- Represent and combat legal challenges ranging from benefit claims to fiduciary breach claims related to asset management;
- Comply with labor and employment laws regarding compensation and employee benefits, including compliance with all laws surrounding discrimination, family leave, mandated leave, and labor wage and hour laws.
Our ERISA litigators regularly defend clients in ERISA lawsuits involving employee benefit plans and plan fiduciaries. We also advise our clients in administering their plans.