Mr. Condyles represents creditors, debtors, creditors' committees and trustees in all aspects of bankruptcy cases. His practice includes out-of-court workouts and debt recovery litigation on behalf of creditors and debtors. Recent engagements include the representation of Movie Gallery, Inc. and its subsidiaries, the second largest North American home entertainment specialty retailer, in their Chapter 11 cases.
Mr. Condyles is a past Chair and a former member of the Board of Governors and Executive Committee of the Bankruptcy Section of the Virginia State Bar; is listed in The Best Lawyers in America ; has been recognized by Best Lawyers as Lawyer of the Year; and has achieved Martindale-Hubbell's highest rating for legal ability and ethical standards. Mr. Condyles also has been appointed by the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia as a Special Master. He received his law degree from The T.C. Williams School of Law at the University of Richmond, where he was a Member of the University of Richmond Law Review, and his B.S. in Political Science from James Madison University. After law school, he clerked for the Honorable Blackwell N. Shelley, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge for the Eastern District of Virginia.
• Contributing author of the bankruptcy handbook entitled Bankruptcy Practice in Virginia, published by the Virginia Law Foundation (2012) and Understanding the Legal Issues Behind Executory Contracts in Bankruptcy, published by Aspatore Books, 2006.
• The Internal Revenue Code Meets the Bankruptcy Code, The Community Tax Law Report (1998).
• Taxes: An Often Overlooked Aspect of Bankruptcy Planning, Virginia Lawyer (April 1995).
• Annual Survey of Bankruptcy Law, Richmond L. Rev. (1991-1993).
• Survey of Recent Developments in Virginia Bankruptcy Law, Virginia State Bar Bankruptcy Law News (Fall 1993).
• The Avoidance of Liens Under Section 506 of the Bankruptcy Code After Dewsnup, Virginia State Bar Bankruptcy Law News (Summer 1993).
Mr. Condyles has represented clients in connection with the following reported cases:
• Caudill, et al. v. County of Dinwiddie, et al., 259 Va. 785 (2000).
• Gasner, et al. v. The Board of Supervisors of the County of Dinwiddie, et al., 103 F.3d 351 (4th Cir. 1996).
• Gasner, et al. v. The County of Dinwiddie, et al., 162 F.R.D. 280 (E.D. Va. 1995).
• In re Systems Engineering & Energy Management Associates, Inc, 252 B.R. 635 (Bankr. E.D. Va. 2000).
• In re Cold Harbor Associates, L.P., 204 B.R. 904 (Bankr. E.D. Va. 1997).
• In re Britt, 156 B.R. 511 (Bankr. E.D. Va. 1993).
Appointed Special Master, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia.
August 18, 2014 2015 Best Lawyers in America Recognizes 56 Kutak Rock Attorneys
Kutak Rock is pleased to announce that 56 of its attorneys are included in the 21st edition of The Best Lawyers in America publication.
August 15, 2013 Record Number of Kutak Rock Attorneys Named Best Lawyers Forty-seven Kutak Rock attorneys reprenting 10 of the firm's 16 offices have been listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2014.
September 7, 2012 Best Lawyers Increase by 50% to 45 attorneys Forty-five Kutak Rock lawyers were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2013.
August 30, 2011 29 Kutak Rock Attorneys Are 'Best Lawyers'
Twenty-nine Kutak Rock lawyers have been selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2012 (Copyright 2011 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, S.C.).
November 9, 2010 Super Lawyers Chooses Kutak Rock Eastern Attorneys