|University ||Syracuse University, B.A., 2003|
|Law School||Pace University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2009|
|Admitted||2010, New York; U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York|
Mike Stevens focuses his practice in the areas of bankruptcy and financial restructuring. He represents debtors, creditors, and strategic investors in all aspects of corporate restructurings and chapter 11 bankruptcy cases, advising clients regarding out-of-court and chapter 11 restructuring strategies, preparing for and operating in chapter 11 and distressed investment strategies.
Recent representations include Lyondell Chemical Company and certain of its affiliates in their chapter 11 cases in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, Caribbean Petroleum Corporation and certain of its affiliates in their chapter 11 cases in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, and JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. with respect to the restructuring of Station Casinos, Inc. and certain of its affiliates.
Mike received his J.D., magna cum laude, from Pace University School of Law, where he was the Executive Productions Editor of the Pace Law Review, and his B.A. from Syracuse University. He is admitted to practice in the State of New York, as well as the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
News & Resources
Clients & Friends Memos
• No Market Interest Rate and No Make Whole: Momentive Performance Court Rejects Lender Arguments Against Confirmation
Sep 17, 2014
• Lyondell Bankruptcy Court Holds That Safe Harbors Do Not Prohibit Creditors From Asserting State Law Constructive Fraudulent Transfer Claims
Jan 29, 2014
• Hostess Case - Bankruptcy Court Refuses to Send Cash Collateral Dispute to Arbitration
Mar 01, 2013
• So You Want to Sell (or Buy) A Company Under Section 363? Here's How
Nov 22, 2012
• Second Circuit Disapproves of Gifting, Affirms Designation in 'DBSD'
May 05, 2011
• Bankruptcy Auctions: Is That Your Final Answer
Dec 01, 2010
• Perfect Storm: Lessons For Distressed Retailers, Part I
Oct 29, 2010
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
|Profile Visibility |
|#7,949 in weekly profile views out of 96,956 lawyers in New York, New York|
|#116,095 in weekly profile views out of 1,673,393 total lawyers Overall|