Michael A. Suleta focuses his practice in the areas of business reorganization, corporate work-outs and restructurings, bankruptcy law, loan restructurings, loan documentation, receiverships, restructuring distressed debt situations and foreclosure litigation.
Before joining Greenberg Traurig, Mr. Suleta clerked for the Honorable Manuel Barbosa of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois and the Honorable Anthony J. Parrillo of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division.
Prior to pursuing a legal career, Mr. Suleta represented numerous fortune 500 financial institutions as a financial management consultant at a Big Four accounting firm.
Areas of Concentration
· Business reorganization
· Bankruptcy law
· Commercial litigation
· Loan restructuring
· Out-of-court restructurings and workouts
· Foreclosure litigation
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, Delaware Bar Association
· Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
· Member, Philadelphia Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
· Member, Winning Team, U.S. News - Best Lawyers "Law Firm of the Year" in Bankruptcy & Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency & Reorganization Law and Litigation - Bankruptcy, 2013
· Law Clerk, Honorable Manuel Barbosa, United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2008-2009
· Law Clerk, Honorable Anthony J. Parrillo, Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division, 2007-2008
· Judicial Extern Law Clerk, Honorable Ann Marie Donio, United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 2006
· Judicial Extern Law Clerk, Honorable Joseph H. Rodriguez, United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 2005