Michael Dupuis, who joined LK Law in 2009, is an associate lawyer in our Langley office. He is developing a general solicitor's practice focusing on real estate matters, corporate/commercial law, and wills and estates.
Michael has accrued considerable experience since his practice began. He has handled a variety of matters, ranging from the restoration of a corporation and its property following the corporation's dissolution to the successful representation of a client in an HST matter. Mr. Dupuis routinely acts for purchasers, vendors and lenders in residential real estate transactions. He also helps clients with estate planning, including the drafting of wills, powers of attorneys, representation agreements and trusts.
Additionally, Mr. Dupuis assists senior lawyers with business matters such as leases, incorporations, partnerships, joint ventures, corporate reorganizations, the sale and purchase of businesses, franchising, trade-mark matters, shareholder agreements, co-ownership agreements, trusts, real estate development matters and corporate financing.
Raised in Langley, Michael obtained his Bachelor of Business Administration at the University of the Fraser Valley in 2002. He was awarded a Bachelor of Laws, with Distinction, from the University of Saskatchewan in 2007. After being called to the British Columbia Bar in 2008, then practicing in Kamloops for a year, he has happily returned to practice in his hometown.
Outside of law, Michael's interests range from golf to Canadian football to learning French to travelling throughout Canada. But nothing competes with his passion for hockey-and he has met many of Canada's senior hockey Hall-of-Famers, from Gordie Howe to Mario Lemieux to Maurice "Rocket" Richard, naming just a few.
- Alma Wiebe Prize for top student in Alternate Dispute Resolution, University of Saskatchewan College of Law, 2007
- Dr. Robert Rogow Memorial Book Prize in Industrial Relations for top student in Industrial Relations, University of the Fraser Valley, 2001
Memberships and Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Bar Association ( in Business Law, Real Property Vancouver, and Will & Trusts Vancouver subsections)
- Fraser Valley Bar Association
- Represents LK Law at Langley Chamber of Commerce.