Mike is a seasoned litigator with extensive civil and criminal trial experience. Across federal, state, and administrative courts and agencies, Mike has tried numerous cases involving complex securities, commercial, and real estate litigation. He has represented clients in shareholder litigation, securities fraud, management disputes, business breakups, defamation actions, trade secret litigation, class actions, professional malpractice claims, fiduciary duty disputes, and zoning, land use, and other real estate related matters.
For many long-standing clients, Mike serves as a trusted advisor. He routinely advises corporate executives, investors, and entrepreneurs with respect to a wide range of business and legal issues including executive risk management, board disputes, internal investigations, and disputes with shareholders, government agencies, and third parties.
Mike is a frequent lecturer and panelist with Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education and has conducted seminars on business and securities litigation, trial practice, deposition practice, expert witnesses, and the settlement process. He was also involved with the Boston Bar Association Court Reform Task Force which, in 1991, studied the state court system, formulated a plan to reform the court system, and prepared the legislation which was then enacted as the Massachusetts court reform law.
He has practiced before state and federal courts in Massachusetts, New York, Delaware, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine, Texas, and California. Mike has also practiced before the American Arbitration Association and the International Centre for Dispute Resolution.
After law school, Mike served as a law clerk from 1987 to 1988 and as chief law clerk to the justices of the Massachusetts Superior Court from 1988 to 1989.
Recognitions & Awards
•Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Business Litigation (2006 - 2014)
•Embracing the Legacy Award, Robert F. Kennedy Children's Action Corps (2006)
•Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
•Co-author, Federal Court Rules That Issuers Face Strict Liability for Erroneous Statements About Legal Compliance in Registration Statements, Even if They Did Not Know the Statements Were False, Joint Advisory: Securities Litigation Health Care Enforcement Defense Securities (06.11.2013)
•Eighty-Five Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2014 Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, (10.17.2014)
• Mintz Levin Attorneys Michael F. Connolly, Peter M. Saparoff and Joel D. Rothman to Speak at MCLE's 13th Annual Business Litigation Conference, (01.29.2014)
• Seventy-Nine Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2013 Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, (10.21.2013)
• Seventy-One Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2012 Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, (10.22.2012)
• Fifty-Two Mintz Levin Attorneys Recognized as Massachusetts Super Lawyers, (10.21.2011)
• Forty-Nine Mintz Levin Attorneys Recognized as Massachusetts Super Lawyers, (10.19.2010)
• Forty-Eight Mintz Levin Attorneys Recognized as Massachusetts Super Lawyers, (10.27.2009)
• Forty-Six Mintz Levin Attorneys Recognized as Massachusetts Super Lawyers, (10.29.2008)
• Forty-Five Mintz Levin Attorneys Recognized as Massachusetts Super Lawyers, (10.25.2007)
•Moderator, Business Litigation Session Judicial Panel, 12th Annual Business Litigation Conference 2013, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Boston, MA (01.25.2013)