- General Liability
- Professional Liability
- Trucking & Transportation Liability
- Products Liability
- Automobile Liability
|University ||Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University(B.S., Psychology; B.C.J., Criminal Justice, magna cum laude, 1995) White and Gold Honor Society, Dean's List|
|Law School||University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, J.D., 1998|
|Admitted||1999, Florida; 2003, U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida; 2003, U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida; 2003, U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida; 2004, U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit|
Michael provides legal counsel to nationally recognized organizations in the areas of product liability, premises liability, motor vehicle negligence and contract disputes. As a litigator, Michael assists his clients in evaluating claims made against them and, when necessary, defending them at trial.
Prior to joining Marshall Dennehey's Tampa, Florida, office, Michael served as an Assistant Public Defender in Lee County, Florida, where he gained extensive trial experience.
Prior to becoming a Public Defender, Michael sharpened his analytical skills while serving as an Operations Analyst for Lee County government.
Significant Representative Matters
· Defense verdict in lawsuit filed against a major, nationally recognized retail chain alleging both intentional torts and negligence. Client was entitled to recover attorneys' fees and costs based on issuance of Proposal for Settlement/Offer of Judgment.
· Favorable verdict in motor vehicle accident trial in which client admitted negligence in the operation of a motor vehicle. Verdict was favorable in that jury awarded far less than what client had previously offered plaintiff at mediation.
· Dismissal of premises liability case after deposition of third party plaintiff. Upon careful interrogation of claimant, it was revealed during the deposition that the documents offered in support of the claim were not what they were purported to be.
Past Employment Positions
· Lee County Government, Operations Analyst
· Assistant Public Defender, 20th Judicial Circuit
Associations & Memberships
· Florida Bar Association
· Hillsborough County Bar Association
· National Bar Association
Year Joined Organization: 2002
|Profile Visibility |
|#725 in weekly profile views out of 5,753 lawyers in Tampa, Florida|
|#137,516 in weekly profile views out of 1,509,349 total lawyers Overall|