Michael H. King has more than 35 years of experience representing clients in major civil and criminal litigation as well as internal investigations of all kinds, including environmental claims, antitrust, patent infringement, white-collar criminal, intellectual property, trust interpretation, government contract issues and complex commercial litigation. He has tried more than 50 jury trials and has argued more than 25 appeals in federal and state appellate courts across the country. Mike has represented companies and individuals in grand jury investigations throughout the United States as well as internal and governmental investigations in countries throughout the world including China, Hong Kong, Japan, Austria, Germany, Brazil, United Kingdom, France and Indonesia among others. Mike has had first chair responsibility in matters involving simultaneous civil litigation and related criminal investigations.
Mike is regularly listed as an Illinois Super Lawyer in commercial and white-collar criminal litigation, named in Leading Lawyers Network and is AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell's highest peer recognition.
• Represents corporations and individuals facing government-related investigations involving FCPA, antitrust and major toxic episodes, including environmental grand jury proceedings, OSHA investigations, criminal investigations and companion civil litigation.
• Represented Fortune 100 companies faced with raids, seizures and investigations by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Department of Defense, State Department and Environmental Protection Agency.
• Managed litigation involving questionable employee conduct around the world, whistleblower issues and other employment-related litigation. Additionally, he has handled class actions involving antitrust, securities, patent infringement, restrictive covenants, theft of intellectual property, and employee raids, age discrimination and plant closings, as well as wrongful discharge cases in various states (Florida, Minnesota, Michigan and Ohio, among others).
• Led litigation in significant bank and trust interpretation issues, real estate and construction (including insurance-related issues arising from construction disputes), wrongful discharge, product liability and criminal cases.
• Served as an arbitrator and participated in several forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Before Edwards Wildman
Mike began his career as a special attorney with the U.S. Department of Justice's organized crime and racketeering section (Chicago Strike Force) and later served as assistant U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Illinois.
Federal Bar Association; Chairman of Criminal Enforcement Antitrust Law Committee
American Bar Association; Antitrust Section, Criminal Practice and Procedure Committee, Litigation Section
Bar Association of the Seventh Circuit Federal Court
American Bar Endowment
Chicago Inn of Court
Illinois Office of the State Appellate Defender; Former Chairman