Michael J. Bonner concentrates his practice in the areas of corporation finance, corporate governance, business transactions, securities and gaming.
Michael represents clients in corporate securities and other business transactions, including acting as lead counsel on initial public offerings, follow-on offerings, private placements and a variety of financing, acquisition and restructuring transactions for publicly held and privately held business entities. He counsels publicly held companies on disclosure obligations under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including the preparation of annual reports to stockholders, proxy statements, and annual and quarterly periodic reports to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Michael acts as outside counsel to boards of directors and special committees of boards of directors of publicly held and privately held entities. He acts as counsel to purchasers and sellers in merger and acquisition, asset purchase and sale, roll-ups and other acquisition-related transactions.
Michael represents publicly held and privately held hotel-casino resort operators, manufacturers, suppliers, lenders and officers, directors, and key employees in transactional, licensing and other approvals before the Nevada State Gaming Control Board and the Nevada Gaming Commission.
As the former Chairman of the Corporation's Sub-Committee of the State Bar of Nevada Business Law Committee, he assisted in the drafting and implementation of amendments to the Nevada corporation statutes; and participated in the complete review and revision of the Nevada corporation and business entity statutes in 1991.
Areas of Concentration
• Corporation finance
• Corporate governance
• Business transactions
• Gaming regulatory
Awards & Recognition
• Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law; Gaming Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2008-2016
• Listed, Lawyer of the Year, Gaming Law, Las Vegas, 2016
• Listed, Lawyer of the Year, Corporate Law, Las Vegas, 2012
• Listed, Chambers USA Guide, Nevada, Corporate/M&A, Gaming & Licensing, 2002-2015
• Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Mountain States Super Lawyers, 2007-2015
• Top 75 Lawyers in the Mountain States, 2011
• Listed, VEGAS INC, Top Lawyers, Corporate and Securities, 2013
• Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of America's Best Corporate Law Firms, 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
• Listed, Nevada Business magazine, Legal Elite: The Silver State's Top Attorneys, 2009-2013
• Recognized, Las Vegas Business Press, Top 10 Business Lawyers in Las Vegas, 2009
• Rated, AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5
AV, BV, AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.
Associated News & Events
08.18.15 24 Greenberg Traurig Attorneys Listed as 2016 ' Lawyers of the Year' by Best Lawyers in America
06.15.15 19 Greenberg Traurig Nevada Attorneys Listed in 2015 Mountain States Super Lawyers
06.02.15 Three Greenberg Traurig Attorneys are Among Nevada's 'Legal Elite'
05.27.15 Eight Greenberg Traurig Nevada Attorneys Included in 2015 Chambers USA Guide
05.22.15 Greenberg Traurig Attorneys, Practices Included in the 2015 Chambers USA Guide
09.08.14 Greenberg Traurig Sponsoring International Gaming Summit in Philadelphia
08.25.14 Mark Clayton Joins Greenberg Traurig's Global Gaming Practice
06.06.14 Greenberg Traurig Gaming Practice Chair Receives Nationwide Ranking in 2014 Chambers USA Guide; Las Vegas Office Head Recognized for 5th Consecutive Time
06.03.14 Greenberg Traurig Attorneys Recognized as Nevada Legal Elite by Nevada Business
05.23.14 Greenberg Traurig Attorneys, Practices Included in 2014 Chambers USA Guide
02.01.10 Institutional Investors May Now Hold a Larger Stake in Nevada Gaming Companies
09.15.09 Casino Advertising---How to Avoid Enforcement Actions and Consumer Complaints in Nevada and Beyond
Articles, Publications, & Lectures
• Speaker, Doing Business in the United States and Nevada, State of Nevada-Canada Trade Mission, Montreal and Toronto, Canada, April 15-16, 2014
• Speaker, Doing Business in the United States and Nevada, State of Nevada-Israel Trade Mission, Tel Aviv, Israel, October 21, 2013
• Panel Participant, The Evolution of the Gaming Advisor: It's No Longer Just a Regulatory Focus, 31st Annual International Association of Gaming Advisors (IAGA) Conference, Las Vegas, NV, September 30-October 2, 2011
• Speaker, Welcoming and Opening Remarks, Nevada Captive Insurance Association, 7th Annual Captive Conference, Las Vegas, NV, September 12, 2011
• Panel Participant, Navigating Financing, International Gaming Conference, International Association of Gaming Advisors/International Association of Gaming Regulators, October 11, 2010
• Panel Moderator, 2009 Nevada Law Changes and Technology Issues, Gaming Law Conference, State Bar of Nevada, November 6, 2009
• Panel Participant, Fix it Right the First Time: Practical Consideration for Board Members of Financially and Operationally Stressed Companies, Los Angeles Business Conference: Growth Strategies - M&A - Finance, Association for Capital Growth, Los Angeles, CA, September 16, 2009
• Panel Moderator and Speaker, SEC Hot Topics for Gaming Companies-2008, Gaming Law Conference, State Bar of Nevada, November 7, 2008
• Speaker, Ethical Challenges for the Gaming Practitioner, Gaming Law Conference, State Bar of Nevada, November 3, 2006
• Speaker, Current SEC Reporting Developments, National Gaming Conference, Nevada Society of Certified Public Accountants, May 17, 2005
• Co-Moderator, Gaming Mergers and Acquisitions: The Changing Landscape, Gaming Law Conference, State Bar of Nevada, November 5, 2004
• Speaker, The Sarbanes-Oxley Act: One Year Later, Gaming Law Conference, State Bar of Nevada, November 7, 2003
• Speaker, One Year Later: The Sarbanes-Oxley Act - Annual Reports and Proxy Statements, Merrill Corporation Conference, Las Vegas, NV, November 4, 2003
• Speaker, Current Industry Accounting, Auditing and Reporting Issues, Financial Executives Gaming Forum, Nevada Society of Certified Public Accountants, May 22, 2003
• Speaker, SEC Update, National Gaming Conference, Nevada Society of Certified Public Accountants, May 24, 2002
• Speaker, Current Legal Topics Regarding Financial Disclosure for Public Companies, National Gaming Conference, Nevada Society of Certified Public Accountants, May 17, 2001