- Mergers & Acquisitions
|Contact Info||Telephone: 302.661.7389|
|University ||College of Mount Saint Vincent (B.A./B.B.A., 1984)|
|Law School||University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1987|
|Admitted||1990, New York; 1997, Delaware|
|Born||New York, N.Y., January 4, 1962|
Michael J. Maimone is an experienced corporate attorney and litigator who practices primarily in Delaware and New York. Michael's corporate practice involves counseling clients on a broad range of matters such as hostile acquisitions, going-private transactions, corporate restructuring, mergers and other negotiated transactions, and proxy contests. Michael's corporate litigation practice includes representing clients in litigation involving mergers and acquisitions, class and derivative actions, and general corporate law issues.
Areas of Concentration
· Corporate litigation
· Mergers and acquisitions
· Corporate restructuring
Awards & Recognition
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Advised numerous boards of directors and committees of boards of directors in the context of hostile acquisitions, mergers and other negotiated transactions.
· Advised numerous boards of directors in connection with the adoption of defensive devices in the context of potential hostile acquisitions.
· Advised numerous boards of directors and committees of boards of directors in the context of internal investigations involving alleged wrongdoings by directors and officers of the corporations.
· Negotiated the sale of a privately held corporation to a Fortune 500 corporation, which required the prior spin-off of real estate assets to the stockholders of the privately held corporation.
· Negotiated the financing of numerous startup corporations with various investors including investments by Fortune 500 corporations.
· Advised numerous foreign-based venture capitalists in connection with various investments in the United States.
· Advised both corporations and stockholders in connection with director and stockholder requests for information under Delaware statutory law, and litigated actions in connection with director and stockholder requests for information.
· Represented and advised corporations, directors and stockholders in litigated actions commenced in numerous courts and jurisdictions involving corporate law issues.
· Represented and advised stockholders in a litigated action commenced in the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware and appealed to the Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit involving the duties owed by boards of directors to unsecured creditors and to stockholders in the context of corporate insolvency.
· Represented and advised stockholders in a litigated action commenced in the Delaware Court of Chancery and appealed to the Delaware Supreme Court involving the duties owed by boards of directors to stockholders in the context of proxy contests.
· Law Clerk, Hon. Henry R. Horsey, Justices of the Supreme Court of Delaware Judicial Team, 1987-1988
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#411 in weekly profile views out of 3,363 lawyers in Wilmington, Delaware|
|#137,516 in weekly profile views out of 1,509,349 total lawyers Overall|