Michael's practice is focused on patent litigation in the areas of technology and communication networks. He has significant experience in transactional matters including patent drafting and prosecution, managing and analyzing patent portfolios, and license negotiation.
Michael has worked in all areas of patent litigation in matters regarding cellular and landline telephone systems, fiber optic systems, liquid crystal display technology, Internet and search engine technology, and on-demand video content. He also has particular experience in cases involving electrical systems, solid state devices, optical systems, semiconductor fabrication, computers, software, and communication networks.
Prior to joining the firm, Michael practiced with a national law firm and an international law firm. Additionally, he has designed call center systems for AT&T as a telephone systems consultant before he attended law school.
Federal District Courts
· Cisco Systems, Inc. v. Teles AG (D. Del.- 1:09cv224) Represented Cisco Systems, Inc. in multiple cases and reexaminations concerning VoIP patents; won summary judgment
· Mayfair Wireless, LLC v. Cisco Systems, Inc.( D. Del - 1:10cv1102) Represented a defendant in a dispute involving telephony; won motion to dismiss for lack of standing
· JDSU Corporation and Emcore Corp. v. Optium Corp., now Finisar Corp. (W. D. Pa. - 2:07cv326) Overall responsibility for management of a patent dispute involving optic transmission equipment; case went to trial and is currently subject to arbitration
· Consumers Interstate Corporation v. W.B. Mason Co., Inc. (D. Conn. -3:06cv174) - Overall responsibility for management of a patent dispute involving web technology
· Freedom Wireless, Inc. v. AT&T, Alltel Wireless, Inc., Cricket Comm. Inc. (E. D. Tex. -2:06cv504) Represented the plaintiff in a patent dispute involving prepaid wireless technology
· Ericsson Inc, et al v. Freedom Wireless, Inc / Freedom Wireless v. AT&T (D. Ariz. - 2:06cv1935) Represented an appellant in an appeal to Federal Circuit; settled on positive terms after completion of briefing
· Overture Services, Inc. v. FindWhat.com, Inc. (C. D. Cal. - 8:03cv685) Represented a defendant through a hung jury verdict and eventual settlement