Michael M. Briley has served as lead counsel in numerous antitrust and trade regulation and transportation law cases and provides regular antitrust and transportation law counseling for clients involved in a variety of domestic and international industries such as glass, consumer products, industrial products, chemicals, transportation, health care, building products, and scientific products. He regularly provides corporate counseling in the areas of antitrust compliance and risk avoidance, mergers and acquisitions and litigation avoidance, as well as national and international transportation law issues. His involvement in civil antitrust litigation includes issues of monopolization, exclusive dealing, predatory pricing, mergers and price discrimination. He has also served as lead counsel in criminal antitrust cases representing both corporations and individual defendants.
Mike currently serves as outside General Counsel to a national trade association and several international companies and he has practiced extensively before federal and state trial and appellate courts and various regulatory agencies, including The Antitrust Division of The United States Department of Justice, the Federal Trade Commission and the Surface Transportation Board.
Mike has lectured extensively to Bar and business groups and authored numerous law review articles and other publications on trade regulation and transportation law topics.
Mike has been an Ohio Bar Examiner since 1997.
· Ohio State University Moritz College of Law Community Service Award
· Best Lawyers in America, 2005 - 2014
· Toledo Business Journal, "Who's Who in Toledo Area Law"
· AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional and Community Affiliations
· Toledo Bar Association
· Antitrust Law Section of the Ohio State Bar Association, Board of Governors, former Chairman
· American Bar Association Antitrust Law Section, Sherman Act, Health Care and Transportation Committees
· International Bar Association
· Ohio State Board of Bar Examiners
· Transportation Lawyers Association
· National Health Lawyers Association
Transportation and Distribution