- Energy & Natural Resources
- Business Litigation
- Insurance Litigation
- Product Liability
|Contact Info||Telephone: 402.964.5037|
|University ||Creighton University, B.A., 1990; American Jurisprudence Award for Trial Advocacy, 1993|
|Law School||Creighton University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1994; Creighton Law Review, Student Articles Editor, 1993-1994|
|Admitted||1994, Nebraska; 1994, U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska; 1997, U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit; Nebraska Court of Appeals; 2002, U.S. Supreme Court; Iowa Supreme Court; Nebraska Supreme Court; 2003, U.S. Court of Federal Claims|
A litigator on Husch Blackwell's Energy & Natural Resources team, Mike handles litigation and regulatory matters for industry clients. A first-chair trial lawyer with more than 18 years of experience, Mike has appeared in more than two dozen state and federal jurisdictions on behalf of clients.
His industry-related experience includes:
· Representing publicly traded ethanol producer in national litigation matters.
· Representing privately owned ethanol producer in financing and construction litigation.
· Representing privately owned ethanol producer in litigation involving commodities contracts for inputs and disputes involving ethanol marketing contracts.
· Defending litigation stemming from gas peaking unit shutdown because of turbine system failure.
· Representing natural gas producer in Iowa litigation challenging state tax refunds.
· Securing state regulatory approval for a $350 million wind energy project in Nebraska.
· Advising renewable energy clients regarding state and federal regulatory requirements.
With a strong background in commercial litigation, product liability and insurance coverage litigation, Mike routinely handles disputes in other industries.
Awards & Recognitions
· Benchmark Litigation, Future Star, 2010-2014
· The Best Lawyers In America, Commercial Litigation, 2013-2014
· Chambers USA, Litigation: General Commercial Law, 2009-2013
· Great Plains Super Lawyers, Business Litigation, 2009-2012
· Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
Professional Associations & Memberships
· Defense Research Institute
· Nebraska Association of Defense Counsel
· Nebraska Insurance Federation
· Nebraska State Bar Association
· Nebraska State Bar Foundation (
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#240 in weekly profile views out of 3,272 lawyers in Omaha, Nebraska|
|#133,092 in weekly profile views out of 1,510,377 total lawyers Overall|