- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Labor & Employment Litigation
- Products Liability and Mass Torts Litigation
|Contact Info||Telephone: 407.317.8538|
|University ||Case Western Reserve University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1992 Dean's High Honors and Dean's Honors, Pi Sigma Alpha; Case Western Reserve University, M.A., 1992 Phi Beta Kappa, Graduate Student Senator, Senate Executive Committee Member, and Graduate Representative to Faculty Senate; Boston University, M.S., 1994|
|Law School||Intellectual Property Summer Institute, Franklin Pierce Law Center, 1999; University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 2000; Associate Member and Executive Editor, University of Cincinnati Law Review, West Publishing Contracts Prize and Gustavus Henry Wald Memorial Contracts Prize, Thompson, Hine & Flory Advocacy Prize, and Ernest Karam Book Award, for High Academic Achievement, Dean's Honors, Jacob D. Cox Honors Scholarship, Intellectual Property Society, Student Court, and Law Women|
|Admitted||2000, Ohio; 2005, Florida; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit; U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida; U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida; U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio; U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida; U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio|
|Born||Portsmouth, Ohio, September 25, 1969|
Michele L. Johnson focuses her practice on civil litigation and advocacy matters. She regularly advises and represents a broad spectrum of clients as to managing and resolving a varied universe of legal issues and disputes, through litigation or alternative dispute resolution, in both state and federal courts throughout Florida and Ohio. Michele also has experience counseling a wide array of clients with regard to matters ranging from advice on statutory and regulatory adherence and interpretation to defense against and prosecution of small dollar to multimillion-dollar claims.
Areas of Concentration
· Complex commercial litigation
· Contract disputes
· Multidistrict litigation
· Class action defense
· Bankruptcy litigation
· Financial services and banking matters
· Securities arbitration and litigation
Awards & Recognition
· Team Member, a Law360 "Employment Practice Group of the Year," 2011
· Team Member, a Law360 "Product Liability Practice Group of the Year," 2011
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 4.8 out of 5
· Represented major tobacco company in numerous cases in state courts throughout Florida as a result of the Florida Supreme Court's decertification of a class of plaintiffs, in its decision in Engle v. Liggett Group, Inc., 845 So. 2d 1246 (Fla. 2006), seeking damages for injuries allegedly caused by smoking cigarettes.
· Represented major provider of insurance and other financial services, as well as other large and small companies, with regard to a broad range of labor and employment related matters.
· Represented brokerage firms before the National Association of Securities Dealers and the New York Stock Exchange as well as in state and federal courts in Florida.
· Represented four large national and Ohio-based lending institutions in a multimillion-dollar multidistrict litigation, transferred by the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation to the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, involving recovery right pursuant to claims made under surety bonds and insurance policies.
· Defended securities class action cases on behalf of the world's largest tire maker, large financial institutions and a Canadian-based investment management organization.
· Defended luxury automobile manufacturer in various state courts against claims under the Ohio Lemon Law, the Ohio Consumer Sales Practices Act, the Uniform Commercial Code, and the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
· Defended TRW and its acquirer in a series of related product liability matters concerning trailer manufacturing.
· Defended Grand Casinos in a multimillion-dollar contract dispute fought in a series of actions in both federal bankruptcy court and in the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada.
· Advised the City of Cleveland in connection with requests for information made by the public under the Ohio Public Records Act.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Note, "Your Loan is Denied, But What About Your Lending Discrimination Suit?: Latimore v. Citibank Federal Savings Bank," 68 University of Cincinnati Law Review 185, 1999
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#549 in weekly profile views out of 4,485 lawyers in Orlando, Florida|
|#137,516 in weekly profile views out of 1,509,349 total lawyers Overall|