Michele is a member of the Workers' Compensation Practice Group and devotes her practice entirely to workers' compensation matters. She has represented brokers, insurance carriers and self-insureds, handling matters for construction companies, steel product and technology companies, hospitals, retailers, supermarkets, hotels, personnel corporations, landscaping contractors, assisted living facilities, townships, churches, professional athletic teams, and motor vehicle and paper manufacturers.
During her career at the trial level, Michele has successfully defeated numerous claim petitions by presenting medical and factual evidence showing that the claimants did not sustain work-related injuries and/or corresponding disabilities. She has also effectively terminated benefits of claimants by presenting medical and surveillance evidence supporting the fact that the claimants completely recovered from the work-related injuries. Michele has also been very successful in modifying claimants' benefits with the use of vocational testimony to prove that the claimants have sufficiently recovered from work injuries to return to the workforce. Her creative legal strategies have included requesting the judge's presence at the employer's premises.
Michele has extensively lectured for various organizations such as the Philadelphia Bar Association, Pennsylvania Self-Insurers' Association and the Insurance Society of Philadelphia. She has also published multiple articles and educational/training materials and has authored a chapter on workers' compensation in the prestigious West Pennsylvania Forms and Commentary Employment Law treatise.
Michele is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh and the Widener University School of Law. She began her career with Marshall Dennehey as a law clerk in 1988 and achieved shareholder status less than 10 years later. Michele's success is due in large part to the care and dedication she exhibits to each client and the attention to detail shown in her work. It is these characteristics that have led many of her clients to look to her as a sounding board for business and legal advice.
Michele is active in the community, donating her time to a host of charitable organizations including Northern Children's Services, Children's Hospital, Toys for Tots and the American Cancer Society.
• A New Era of Workers' Compensation Claims? The Potential Impact of Social Trends, claims workshop presented by The Graham Company, Philadelphia, PA, April 18, 2013
• You Can't Handle the Truth: A Mock Trial, Marshall Dennehey Workers' Compensation Seminar, Philadelphia, PA, November 30, 2012
• Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation Forms and Defenses, MAC Risk Management, June 15, 2012
• Defense Consideration and Limiting Exposure in Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation, Connor Strong & Buckelew, February 2, 2012
• Judicial Panel, Annual FWCI Conference, August 2011
• UTBMS Billing Codes, Annual FWCI Conference, August 2010
• Understanding the WC Claims Process, Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry Workers' Compensation Roundtable, June 3, 2010
• The Litigation Process, Pennsylvania Self-Insured - A to Z Training Course, March 11-12, 2010
• The Litigation Process, Pennsylvania Self-Insured - A to Z Training Course, March 27-28, 2008
• Defense Considerations in Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation, The Graham Company Employer's Training Course, November 29, 2007
• Successfully Navigating Workers' Compensation Law - Hot Topics in Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation - Case Law and Legislative Update, Insurance Society of Philadelphia, October 12, 2006
• The Litigation Process, Pennsylvania Self-Insured - A to Z Training Course, March 23-24, 2006
• Workers' Compensation Mock Trial, The Addis Group's 2006 Risk Management Forum, March 23, 2006
• Workers' Compensation Mock Trial, Churchill Dallas Risk Control Workshop, March 16-17, 2006
• Workers' Compensation Mock Trial, Raffles Risk Control Workshop, Captive Resource, April 2005
• Tough Problems in Workers' Compensation 2003, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, March 27, 2003
• Workers' Compensation 2003 Fall Section Meeting, Pennsylvania Bar Association, September 2003
• The Litigation Process, Pennsylvania Self-Insured - A to Z Training Course, April 11-12, 2002
• The Impact, Aftermath and Reality of Act 57, Annual Conference, Pennsylvania Self-Insured, June 25, 1998
• Impairment Ratings from the Doctor's and the Attorney's Perspectives, Philadelphia Bar Association/Workers' Compensation Section, June 17, 1998
• Legal Update, Annual Conference, Pennsylvania Self-Insurers Association, June 27, 1997
• Impairment Rating Under Act 57, REM, August 23, 1996
• Phi Delta Phi
Honors & Awards
• AV Preeminent by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
• Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
• Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, 2007-2008
• Pennsylvania Self-Insured Association, Award of Excellence, 2008
• Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2005
• Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Corporate Counsel Edition, 2008-2009
Year Joined Organization: 1988