Working out assets. Michelle has represented clients in non-bankruptcy workouts, including loan modifications, deeds in lieu of foreclosure, forbearance agreements and bankruptcy proceedings.
Helping business thrive. She counsels her clients through the ups and downs of their business. Recently, Michelle assisted a client in the sale of its business to a publicly traded company. She is also helping another client work through a myriad of complex problems created by a former executive's malfeasance.
Get To Know Michelle In Her Own Words
"I'm a good listener and offer my clients a candid analysis of their situation. I'm approachable and don't fall prey to the mentality that fails to see that the emperor has no clothes...I always ask the next question and don't assume someone else has taken care of the details."
"I enjoy people! Writing and the written word, analyzing problems, and learning about clients' different businesses is why I practice law."
- Practiced law 10 years in New York State, including working at the Wall Street law firm of Shearman & Sterling.
- Deep commercial-law transactional and litigation experience.
- Active commercial and bankruptcy litigation practice, including workouts.
- Assists clients in due diligence review; prepares stock, asset, and real estate purchase and sale agreements, as well as lease, employment, and royalty agreements, and more.
- For real estate clients, reviews and drafts covenants, codes and restrictions (CC&Rs), and easements.
- Represents and advises artists, sculptors, screenwriters, theatre directors, stained glass artisans, and book authors.
- Taught commercial law, authored articles on bankruptcy and lender liability, and presented seminars on various commercial and bankruptcy topics.
- Telesaurus VPC, LLC v. Power, 2009 WL 273295, (D. Ariz., 2009)
- Telesaurus VPC, LLC v. Power, 2008 WL 4418184, (D. Ariz., 2008)
- In re Mathon Fund, LLC, 2007 WL 4285327, (D. Ariz., 2007)
- Nutri-Health Supplements, LLC v. Block Drug Co., Inc., 2007 WL 38159, (D. Ariz., 2007)
- Lindsey v. Travelers Indem. Co., 2007 WL 841411, (D.Ariz., 2007)
- Muhl v. Commercial Union Ins. Co., 1996 WL 571529, (N.D.N.Y., 1996)
- In re 499 W. Warren Street Associates, Ltd. Partnership, 151 B.R. 307, (Bankr. N.D.N.Y., 1992)
- In re 499 W. Warren Street Associates, Ltd. Partnership, 143 B.R. 326, (Bankr. N.D.N.Y., 1992)
- In re 499 W. Warren Street Associates, Ltd. Partnership, 142 B.R. 53 (Bankr. N.D.N.Y., 1992)
- D.A. Elia Const. Corp. v. Lyco, Inc., 18 UCC Rep.Serv.2d 1049, (W.D.N.Y., 1991)
- D.A. Elia Const. Corp. v. Lyco, Inc., 1991 WL 224434, (W.D.N.Y., 1991)
- United Bank of Kuwait PLC v. Enventure Energy Enhanced Oil Recovery Associates--Charco Redondo Butane, 755 F.Supp. 1195, (S.D.N.Y., 1989)
- National School Bus Service, Inc. v. Hartford Fire Ins. Co., 172 A.D.2d 1050, 571 N.Y.S.2d 408, (A.D. 4th Dept., 1991)
- Robinson v. Sheriff of County of Cayuga, 209 A.D.2d 926, 619 N.Y.S.2d 1015, (A.D. 4th Dept., 1994)
- Robinson v. Sheriff of County of Cayuga, 209 A.D.2d 927, 619 N.Y.S.2d 1016, (A.D. 4th Dept., 1994)
- Ber v. Johnson, 163 A.D.2d 817, 558 N.Y.S.2d 350, (A.D. 4th Dept., 1990)
Professional and Civic Service
American Bar Association, Member
Arizona Bar Association, Member
Arizona Women Lawyers Association, Member
Sedona Arts Center, Member
"Ms. Lombino guided the Board of Directors through difficult legal and organizational landmines for five months. She made time for discussing strategies to resolve immediate problems as well as discussing plans for updating policies that would prevent such problems in the future. I found Michelle to be highly professional, competent and knowledgeable. She showed herself to be empathetic and a very good listener. Ms. Lombino utilized professional resources when necessary, conferring with other Jaburg Wilk attorneys with specific areas of expertise that provided our organization with a greater depth of legal knowledge." - Board Member, Non-Profit
"We have come to regard Michelle Lombino as an extension of our management team. Michelle's experience and knowledge have helped us with contract review and negotiations, and have brought quick resolution to any litigious issues. Michelle is also a skilled negotiator, proving her worth many times over." - Jimmy Fox, Evergreen Turf
Michelle Lombino is rated AV Preeminent from Martindale-Hubbell