J. Michael Jordan practices in the firm's Business Litigation Group. Mike has been national and local coordinating counsel for numerous manufacturers and distributors of capital equipment and recreational products. He has tried cases to verdict in Texas, Illinois, Louisiana, North Carolina, Georgia, Montana and South Carolina and has appeared as counsel in state and federal courts in more than 30 states.
•Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent
•Litigation Counsel of America, fellow
Speaking & Writing
•Thousands Of Prospective Plaintiffs Turn Up After Massive Talc Verdicts In St. Louis
August 3, 2016
•Talc Litigation: The Big Picture
May 20, 2016
Mike's most recent article Consumer Product Recalls, was published in the November 2010 South Carolina Lawyers Weekly. His articles have also appeared in Marine Business Journal and Kids Today magazines. He is a frequent contributor to the children's products industry on issues arising with the Consumer Products Safety Commission. He is the co-author of “Texas MDL Judge: Ship Docked At Navy Yard Part Of 'Federal Enclave', ” Mealey's Litigation Report: Asbestos, Vol. 22, No. 8 (May 16, 2007) and has written a handbook for the investigation of LP and natural gas claims.
• Editor, South Carolina Law Review
• Member, Order of the Wig & Robe (organization preceding Order of the Coif)
• Who's Who Among Law Professionals
• Mr. Jordan has been national and local coordinating counsel for numerous manufacturers and distributors of capital equipment and recreational products. He has tried cases to verdict in Texas, Illinois, Louisiana, North Carolina, Georgia, Montana and South Carolina and has appeared as counsel in state and federal courts in more than 30 states.
• Recalls and retrofits before the Consumer Products Safety Commission, Health Canada, Food and Drug Administration, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the United States Coast Guard
• Guzick v. Seagrave Fire Equipment Co., et al (Cook Co., IL)
• Crow Phoenix No. 2 L.P. v. Varo, Inc. (Dallas, Co., Texas)
• Greytack v. RegO Co. (Yellowstone Co., Montana)
• In re: Senior Living Properties (U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Dallas, Texas)
J. Michael Jordan Joins Nexsen Pruet's Business Litigation Group
J. Michael Jordan has joined Nexsen Pruet's Business Litigation Group as a member. Jordan will practice in the firm's Hilton Head office.
South Carolina Asbestos Judge: Fourth Circuit's Lorhmann Standard Applies in Mesothelioma Case
Mike Jordan shares insight on a ruling in a South Carolina asbestos case that states the burden a plaintiff must meet, regardless of the disease.
The Carolinas Insurance Litigation Review
This issue of the Carolinas Insurance Litigation Review includes:
- "Challenging Policyholder Claims for Bad Faith and Punitive Damages" for North Carolina
- "Combating Policyholder Bad Faith and Breach of the Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing Claims" for South Carolina
Civic & Professional Memberships
• Defense Research Institute: Product Liability Committee
• South Carolina Bar
• North Carolina Bar
• Texas Bar
• M.D. Anderson Cancer Center volunteer
• Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow: